New Content and Modified ToEE questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dragonalumni, Feb 26, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

New Content and Modified ToEE questions.. for the newbie (me)..

Google whispers that the magical swords "Fragrath and Scather" are bastard swords in Co8 (one is a greatsword in Vanilla ToEE). I bought a bastard sword in game and it said it was one or two handed, but couldn't wear a shield with it. Do I need the exotic prof? Does it change it's damage potential any? I've read also that this sword is basically required to finish a certain part an encounter for level 20s. Is that true? -.-

How does weapon fineese work? Does it change the damage and hit? It says it works for "your weapon". Does it only work for small weapons?

What is the effect of enlarge person? Does it negate any bonus for small pcs?

What skills do armor check penalties effect?

Are level 9 spells for clerics and wizards required to realistically finish NC?

What things can I expect to be different between preexisting Vanilla ToEE and Co8 7.0 as far as classes, feats or spells?

Do blunt weapons hit undead better?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Hope this helps.

3. dragonalumni

:nerd:thanks

4. Ank

Ank Established Member

General ghoul yr dead on like most of the time yet 2 things slipped trough:
    1)bastard sword with 2x handed applies 1.5 str dmg bonus while 1x handed use applies 1.0 str bonus
    2)tumble checks are only applied to lite armored chars ,it does nothing for medium&heavy armors

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Depends on the tumble skill level, your ACP, and a die roll. I've had fighters in full plate and tower shield make a tumble check.

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well one of the many reasons your tanks should taker mobility is protect them when they are moving in battle and they might fail a tumble check. The extra AC bonus can be a factor from not getting clobbered when you try to run/charge the enemy mage before he burns you.

7. dragonalumni

Master Work Weapons -- what's good about these besides you can enchant them?

8. Lava

Lava Established Member

They get a +1 to hit.

9. Ank

Ank Established Member

Erkper are u deliberately trying to misinform people ?? --->TUMBLE DOESN'T APPLY TO MEDIUM&HEAVY AROMORED !! not in toee at least, if u got doubts: check in game toee manual or test it yourself ..... mind you elven chainmails&chain shirts are rated as lite so don't check on those :roll:
    also http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/tumble.htm as well, mind you the subtlety of the phrasing :'You can’t use this skill ->if your speed has been reduced by armor<-, excess equipment, or loot' ; as most of use know medium&heavy armor do reduce yr speed ergo no tumble...

10. dragonalumni

Masterwork weapons with +1 enchant are +2hit +1dam or just +1+1?

Tumble doesn't work for heavy armor? I always thought it did, does mobility work?

11. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

No, not deliberately... I'd swear I've seen it, but I guess I could be mistaken. :shrug:

12. Ank

Ank Established Member

+1 wpn has +1 to hit & +1 to dmg
    mobility works for medium,heavy and lite armor(for this one it applies only if u fail tumble check ;) )
    also a funny fact u can tumble while holding a shield(even a tower shield if i'm not mistaken !!!)

13. Lava

Lava Established Member

Armor and shields put a significant penalty to tumble. Look up the character's skills and click on tumble... the ones in heavy armor will have gigantic penalties (like -15 or so), so even if they are allowed to make the skill roll, the odds are not good.

14. dragonalumni

anything special about masterwork armors (besides being able to enchant them)..?

what are the rules of dual wielding? big weapons in both hands is really bad?

15. Ank

Ank Established Member

Here's the special' armors
    Mother screng's tatoos(can't recall stats but excelent for wiz/sorc)
    Bondleaf +1ac no spell penalty at all
    Moon ivy can't recall stats(lite class excellent ac,can be used to cast some poison ?)
    dragon hide,bone armor wearable by druid
    mitral shirt: extra lite +6 dex bonus(vs +4 from normal chain shirt)
    elven chain maills: +4dex bonus pre enchanted to a certain lvl (vs +2 standard chainmail plus theyr lite armors)
    mitral plate: extra lite +3dex boonus(vs +1 standard full plate plus teyr medium armors) best toee armor ac wise
    adamant brest plate: +2 dmg reduction (personal favorite :evilgrin:)
    dwarf stone armor:+3 dmg reduction
    About TWF
    Normal
    If you wield a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon. When fighting in this way you suffer a -6 penalty with your regular attack or attacks with your primary hand and a -10 penalty to the attack with your off hand. If your off-hand weapon is light the penalties are reduced by 2 each
    With TWF
    Your penalties on attack rolls for fighting with two weapons are reduced. The penalty for your primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for your off hand lessens by 6
    Short version use lite wpns for a -2&-2 to hit or medium&lite for the same -2&-2 and the uninspired choice offhand nonlite wpn for a hefty -4&-4
    But then again there is that 'power mad'(str 20 at lvl1) halfork fighter x(to quickly gain the focuses&twf feets)/barb y(for the extra str&con bonus from rage) build witch involves dual wielding bastard swords and does heinous amounts of dmg if he get his hands on enchanted wpns and cleric/bard for a companion to compensate for it's initialy lower to hit bonus.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
Our Host!