NEW classes coming soon!! pick two there small:)

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by bradrinwi, Nov 30, 2005.

Remove all ads!
?

ASSUMING succesful field testing what classes/races,subclasses,prestige classes??

Poll closed Dec 15, 2005.
  1. basic race variants only drow,gnome .. grey elf..wood elf etc??

3.6%
  2. basic subclasses and kits and races

3.6%
  3. subclasses and some presitge classes

3.6%
  4. sub classes new classes but limited prestige classes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. sub classes new classes and full prestige classes

21.4%
  6. anything you can mod *and test for saftey* Ill try...

78.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nedleeds

nedleeds Member

... must have ... Blackguard ... must smite good ...

But seriously prestige classes would be amazing, I would say start with the DMG ones and move forward from there. An Archmage would be pretty sweet also. Ah my kingdom for the source code ...

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

This thread is deader than Hoffa. There's no hope of new classes being offered by the initiator. Now some of the new .dll hackers; maybe. But they are fixing other (simpler and/or more bothersome) bugs first.

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

This thread makes me kinda angry for some reason. :E
    Probably just because there was a lot of talk about cool stuff to come in the past (from Brad), and then all of this came to a sudden end without any actual release, even private samples for other Co8 members. I don't know what happened to Brad and whether he actually ever had anything to offer, at least at certain stage - we'll never know probably - and this is another aspect of it that makes me kinda angry...

I actually hate to see this thread being revived over and over again without an actual effect. Somehow I still want to see this come to life some day, and I don't want to believe that Brad fooled us all.

- Agetian

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I gotta agree with you there Agetian, it's also pretty upsetting to me as Brad said to me repeatedly "I've added a game.area number for Verbobonc and a worldmap icon to go with it, all working properly in game" I just happened to be waiting for that for about 3 months before I gave up on it, and went with the dialogue dependant teleport command that I eventually had to use, and I also had to use the travel agent for all return travels to the regular game.

If he had the Verbobonc game.area and worldmap icon working, why did he never post it? I know his main concern was the blackguard prestige class, but I also offered to help, by making it so the Hextor cheif cleric in Verbobonc could trigger the prestige class if he couldn't get the triggers working in the .dll how he liked... he never responded to that either.

I've been thinking for a while "maybe that guy was just a hoaxer who got kicks from raising our hopes and expectations, only to be let down when he didn't deliver the goods". Brad promised so much, but never released anything to me personally or on the forum, so as much as I hate to admit it, we're gonna have to give up on this dream that he's gonna come back with a fully functional, bug free Blackguard prestige class that doesn't break anything else and triggers as it should (or any other .dll fixes from him).

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I don't think Brad was a hoax, just sort of scatterbrained. He's probably off chasing the WoW ball or something right now.

Plus, it could be that a little testing showed that things weren't working like he thought they were. One thing we've learned from Spellslinger is that fiddling with the DLL can be phenomenally complicated, especially when there's no Prima Guidebook to go by. Brad might have gotten pulled under by the current and just never resurfaced. :shrug:

6. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Oh bradrinwi, why did you have to break our hearts so! :tears:

More seriously, I agree it's frustrating when folks disappear. I don't fault them for having lives, but I can only imagine how phenomenal ToEE would be now if people like brad, moebius or Livonya or Drifter had stuck around or even left us with documentation on how they did what they did so folks didn't have to figure things out all over again.

Our Host!