Need some info

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by andysks, May 16, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. andysks

andysks Member

Halo everyone.Is the first time i reached so far in the game,mostly because of corrupted saves and stuff,but this time i am really careful.Anyway,my party is level 14 and i have finished most of the Verbobonc(except slave traders and monster mash),and in the temple i have only been to the Air Node.I read that slave traders and some other quests are for really high level,like 19-20.I want to ask how to reach this level ?Because it seems i am running out of quests and still 14 level...

2. Ank

Ank Established Member

Sweet lord lvl 14 ?? at that level u can chew up all elemental nodes easily (except perhaps fire node's balor guard -- but then again it can be done at lvl 10 so its defenitelly doable at lvl 14)
    As for the rest of the quests well lvl 14 is high enough to engage any except the demons and demigods quest ..... (slavers can be tricky for a low magik party but easily doable with aveg or above magic capabilities , as for the war of the golden skull well u will level up like after every 1.5 battles :roll:
    Ps: in my last run i've finished the entire original content at like lvl 12 and my party had only 2 magik capable chars (a bard and a obad-hai clerik(water and plant domains) ; as far as i'm concerned if u own a party that holds druid&sork/wiz team then lvl 14 is pretty much over kill for any quest execepting the demons and demigods one.

3. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

if you really need xp, go camping in unsafe area's. Don't forget to save after every combat, as random encounters make the game ctd-prone.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Just DO NOT rest on a random encounter map, (the ones when you travel the world map).

5. andysks

andysks Member

Thanks for the help.Camping in random areas is not recommended it can cause problems.After all i defeated Robin,tough battle but game me one level.Monster Mash one more level...so i think is ok.i just didnt think these encounters will give so much xp :) .

Edit : i might have been 14 level but all these big battles would have been impossible without stinking cloud :)....that spell is like,the best tool ever !

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Why?

7. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

War of the Golden Skull gains you 3-4 levels. It awards possibly far too much experience, but it's the one to do if you want to level.

8. sirchet

It was pretty much discussed in depth that resting on a RE map when farming xp leads to crashing and general game wonkyness.

I wish I could find the thread, but alas I can't seem to locate it.

I think it was the same thread where saving on a RE map was talked about.

9. andysks

andysks Member

About resting in the random areas i just read it on the general guide that is not recommended.I guess something with the map files might cause corruption.And i just finished War of the Golden Skull and it took me from 14 to 18.
    Just a weird bug,i dont know if it is a common thing but i took Ariakas in my party,and after the first two battles,while he was moving all normal and had no indication of poison or paralysis or anything ,in the next battles he couldnt take any action.Just an empty bar and the button for the skip turn.

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Any jerkstop in those WotGS battles?

11. andysks

andysks Member

To be honest i dont know the definition of jerkstop :). Some times the battles were kinda laggy...but no more than it was in the bugbear room for example in the temple.Mostly the first battle right after you exit the house did some time to load.Then at some point my party refused to walk when i wanted to go to the southwest fight.They were moving one centimeter then stopping and i had to click again to have the same result.Right after i saw this i loaded a previous save and it was fine( Ariakas still no actions but i didnt really need him anyways ).

And by the way,what are these random encounter stops right after War of the Golden Skull with nothing to fight but just some screams ?Is it normal ?

12. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Never did that, in fact.
    The Deklo grove is an excellent place to go camping :thumbsup:

13. sirchet

Yup, one of my favorite campsites early on. ;)

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You must have gotten the Gremlich on your trail ... I think it's stalking you. :nervous:

Our Host!