Need some help (bugs etc.)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gith, May 26, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gith

Gith Member

Hello,

I've just tried to reinstall ToEE on my (vista) laptop.

I installed ToEE and the Co8 mod in this order:

Install game,
    Install patch 2,
    install Co8 modpack.

With certain spells - magic missile, scorching ray - I have the 511 missiles bug (similar for scorching ray - 300 or something). I have read here that this is caused by a .dll being bundled with the .exe.

My play disc is too scratched to run (luckily I back up all of my games) so I can install it using copied cds - but can't run it with a cd. Meaning I must use either a virtual drive or a no-cd crack.

So I found one crack that works (1.65mb) - but it is for the "vanilla" game (unpatched) it works - but gives me those bugs. I downloaded a crack for the v2 patch (this one 33kb) after reading that the other one could be causing the bugs because of the bundled .dll. It doesn't work - I click the .exe and nothing happens.

So basically, should I just get used to playing it with the few bugs I can see (and I guess some others I can't) or is there a way to fix it and get it to work without bugs?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Buy another copy of the game. They're cheap and still available. (Try amazon, for example.) That's much preferable to suffering through all the vanilla bugs.

Our Host!