need help w/ this plz

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by enoch, Nov 7, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. enoch

enoch Member

Ok,....I did a fresh install of ToEE,applied patches 1 & 2,ran a full install of the Co8_mod_pack_4.0.0.Ran ToEE Front End(I'm using .net framework 2 beta 2).The problem is when I attempt to start a new game I get an error report and the game crashes.

I don't know what's causing the crash so,any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Edit:Ok,make that either I get an crash & error report or the screen just goes blank and I have to alt-tab out and end process.

I had the game running fine before so,I'm pretty sure it's the newest mod pack or front end.Thanks for any suggestions.I'll keep trying to figure it out but,I don't have alot of time tonight.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I know Toffee is supposed to work with dotNET version 1.1, but I have no idea about any testing results for dotNET 2 Beta 2.

Maybe try uninstalling dotNET 2 Beta 2 [include a reboot] and install the dotNET 1.1 version. Short of trying that, I have no idea, myself. That could probably be best answered by Blue or Agetian.

3. enoch

enoch Member

Well,instead of uninstalling .net framework 2,I just uninstalled the Co8 4.0 mod and reinstalled w/out the ToEE Front End and problems solved.

So,is my install maybe messed up now?Should I do another fresh install again w/out the ToEE Front End??

Thanks again.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Your installation of ToEE should be okay as a good install from what I have been told regarding uninstalling and reinstalling the Co8 4 MOD.

5. enoch

enoch Member

Thanks again.This mod pack is great.It gives the game a fresh feel after playing thru it 100 times already.:rock:

Our Host!