Monk Weapons

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackwind, Apr 5, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackwind

blackwind Established Member

I was curious with the new weapons added are any of them considered "monk weapons" and are able to be used with flurry of blows. Specifically monk spades, war fans, punching daggers and spiked gauntlets.

On a side note are there sai(s) in the game at all?

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yes some of them are monk weapons, and yes there are sai's

3. blackwind

Ok, Which ones are?

Does Ah Fong sell them and which weapon proficiency feats correspond with them?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

They should have their own weapon proficiencies (exotic ones) yby and large, but you can check the list HERE. Unfortunately you don't automatically get the monk ones as a monk (yet. Haven't figured out how to do it).

5. blackwind

I checked your list first Ted before I posted anything. I could of missed it but I didn't see sai. I've seen it mentioned in the in-game manual/reference whatever it is called but I've never actually seen the sai in the game either being sold or found.

As for the list of weapons that work with flurry of blows I'm just going to test it out myself and see what works and what doesn't.

Thanks for the replies.

6. Shiningted

Hmmm... I see sais in protos.tab in the 'projectile' section (what you see fly across the screen when you fire or throw something) but not in the section of weapons to buy. Thats interesting. It looks original rather than an addition - not sure what to make of that.

7. blackwind

Me neither. What I found most intriguing by that is a sai isn't a missle weapon. Well, I guess it could be thrown but you know what I am saying. Either way thanks for looking in to it.

8. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Can't you just add the exotic weapon proficiency feats to the starting monk list?

9. Shiningted

Is there a starting list? Generally speaking the engine handles all that. Maybe (like the starting race) I am missing something.

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I think that as they're new weapons the game doesn't know that monks should automaticly know how to use them, but IIRC ted you were going to write a script that checked for monks and gave them the proficiency in the "cheat add feat" style of code.

11. Shiningted

Absolutely I was, and I crashed many a game trying to get the syntax right. Never got there, but Darmagon said he did, so somehow it can be done.

12. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

An Fong has his list in his inventory dialogue. I am not sure what weapon code is Sai,but I can't recall seeing it around much,mainly the Hexor Priests. If I recall the Hexor Monks can ahem 'help you' with a weapon demonstration huh?

I wish the Monk had better weapon choice as the new weapons seem wasted,as I did not know they existed at game start so no acquire feats for them until Nulb is located and then you are what 5-6th level? A waste on such a good job from you Co8 guys. Makes the monk more interesting.

Our Host!