moebius2778's patch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Vecna's uncle Bill, Jan 8, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Vecna's uncle Bill

Vecna's uncle Bill Crackwhore from Mars

I've applied moebius2778's patch ... do I need to start my game over after applying this patch ? The reason I ask is because even after applying it, I still am able to select Power Attack with a STR lower than 13 ...
    ( BTW ; The patch level of my game was 3 before I applied moebius2778's )

Thanks in advance

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Hoo, boy - you open a can of worms with this post, Uncle Bill.

First off, patch 3 is incompatable with any Co8 mod, so don't use it if you're running a Co8 mod. Re-install patch 2 to overwrite it.

Second, moebius2778's patch (.dll hack) is one of the cornerstones of the C08 mod, and is included in all but the oldest versions of Co8. So unless you're trying to play the vanilla Atari version and just want to fix some of the bugs, you wouldn't need moebius as a seperate patch.

Third, moebius's .dll fix was not all-encompassing - there were many, many bugs that have been identified and squashed by post-moebius Co8 work (although I'm not sure about your Power Attack issue - I seem to remember that one may still exist even in the newest mods, unless one of Spellslinger's .dll fixes caught it.) If you're looking for the most bug-free version of the game, I recommend downloading and installing the Co8 5.5 mod.

We'd probably need more information about what you're running and what you want as far as mods, bug-fixes, and new content to advise you any more.

3. Vecna's uncle Bill

If I have a current save game going with a non-modded version of TOEE, will I have to start over again after installing the latest 5.5 Co8 ModPack ?

Thanks again

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

If you run Co8 5.5, you won't have access to your Vanilla ToEE saves.
    Even if you had they would be incompatible. Sorry, that's the way it works. :(
    Although, you'll be able to switch between Vanilla and the mod thanks to TFE-X.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The 2778 patch did what Atari 3 was suppose to. It and Drifter's mods are now the basis for everything. Just play 5.5.0, it has everything and a whole lot more. The 5.5.0 Temple.dll is the latest and best sofar.

6. Vecna's uncle Bill

I'm playing a LE party now using the 5.5 temple.dll ... a truly fantastic job ! ... and it seems to me that the mod enables the game to capture, so much more accurately, the high level of difficulty of the original T1-4 TOEE module. Frank Mentzer would be proud, I think :)

Our Host!