Modified Rannos & Gremag scenario, part 1

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sitra Achara, Dec 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Ok. My files are definitely CMF 5.04.

The run-off command may be broken because of the size of my party (5 PCs + 3 NPCs + 1 wolf) but after the floating line triggers nothing happens.

Checking the scripting, it could be that only one of the traders has the call Badgers thing, or it could be something else.

Not sure what is happening but it's most definitely not working for me with my pretty much standard party of level 2/3.

Sorry Allyx :sadblinky

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Hmmm, I'm not in a position to test, but I thought I'd removed the badger spawning bit completely, it could be that that call has broken the script? Zeb if you feel up to doing a fix for it, I know Livonya's version worked, you can file compare the files in the 5.0.2 mod pack to revert the changes made to those files since.

3. Zebedee

Ok Allyx. Will do a bit of testing later today and see if I can pin down what is going wrong. Seems a shame to lose all your hard work.

It could well be that my party size means that the runoff breaks. I'm wondering whether a Timed_Destroy in the runoff command might solve that problem.

The script is compiling so it's some condition or other which isn't triggering post invisibility potion being used.

If I can't figure it out quickly, I'll just dig out Liv's old script and revert as you suggest.

4. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Re: 5.0.x Cumulative Mods & Fixes (CMF) Bug Reports and Discussion Thread

Tested the 5.04 traders sequence with a party of 7 and a party of 5.

With a party of 5, the traders broke off combat, turned invisible and fled.

With a party of 7, they never broke of combat, and also failed to launch attacks. I think that Zeb has reported this bug as well.

With a party that had completed the Agents Revealed quest, no new dialog options were available after the assassin's attack. I'll try again with a party that has not completed either of the Agents quests.

By the way, howdy.

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

The return of "O.B. Wan"

Welcome back!

6. Zebedee

Heya OB - this is on my 'works in progress' list. Allyx suggested that large parties may be breaking the script so I'm playing with a way to bulletproof it.

7. Old Book

Good to hear.

I'm also wondering about Agents Revealed, Traders Revealed, and the post-Assassin attack dialog Allyx mentioned re-enabling. In my last two tries after having blackmailed the Traders over the courier (AR) and then blackmailing the Traders again to keep quiet about the labor camp (TR), the assassin attack didn't open any new dialogs; I just got the "what do you want" line. So, I'm taking a party on a quick run through again without touching AR or TR and seeing if I get a new line then.

Of course, if the new lines aren't available in 5.04, I'm just mucking about, but that's hardly new. ;)

8. Zebedee

Pass on that. I know nuttin :google:

More seriously, Allyx has a rebalancing project in the works so I'm not sure what he's got in mind and whether this is part of it. I know there is an issue with the dialogue but I think we need to make sure no-one is stepping on anyone else's toes before going ahead and making changes to this. So I'm pretending it doesn't exist until my 'to do' list is empty again :D

9. Old Book

More on the Traders:

If you have a Sense Motive of 10+, are not lawful, and you have not completed Traders Revealed or Agent Revealed, you can get the Traders to initiate combat through dialog. Great work, Allyx!

Is not being able to initiate combat through dialog if you've completed the Revealed quests a bug, or is the idea that the traders are now too worried to be goaded into a fight?

Also, even with a party of 5 the one of the traders will sometimes trap himself in the middle of your party, breaking the script and leaving them standing there taking no actions.

10. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Old Book, I didn't write the dialogue, just fixed the broken check to see if the assassin had attacked (and died), I'm open to suggestions as to whether you should be able to attack them straight from dialogue if you complete either of those quests or not, personally I don't mind. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  11. Old Book

The "great job" is still deserved; nice to be able to attack without it feeling so random. :)

I'd say players should be able to initiate the combat through dialog, even if they have done the earlier Traders quests.

Our Host!