Modding NPC feats - any idiot guides available please?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sir_Kalthorine, Nov 14, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sir_Kalthorine

Sir_Kalthorine Member

Hullo there!

Can NPC feats be modified using ProtoEd? I am not seeking to bump up stats or such like... just give some NPCs a decent (i.e. sensible) set of feats as they level up!

I haven't modded ToEE before, so in any responses please assume I am a total imbecile (you will be right...) :ashamed:

P.S. I have the official patch installed, will be installing the Co8 patch version 2.0.0 tonight, and I have a copy of ProtoEd 2.4.1 and ToEExtract. Haven't used any of them yet tho!

2. Kharmakazy

Kharmakazy Member

Open the protos.tab with the editor... there is a little pull down menu that lets you pick what is displayed.. set it to npc's...

look for the npc's name... scroll about 3/4 of the way over until you start seeing feat names... there they are.... followed shortly thereafter by spells.....

How to change them.... ***shrug*** but thats where they are...

3. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

While I'm sure we would honestly like to help you out, the fact is some of us have tried and are not entirely sure if it really works (it probably doesn't), so it's tough to really show you anything.
    Have a look at these threads:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=681
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=607

Perhaps the Co8 coders themselves can tell you more. I'm not sure if they've explored this topic enough.

I am sorry to bug you Sir K. But there has been a MOST hideous bug found at:
    http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=331616
    regarding Power Attack post patch (scroll down to my last post) but no one seems to care to confirm at the moment. I simply cannot rest and can think of little else at the moment until the truth is known that this patch is badly bugged and WE NEED ANOTHER PATCH!

4. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

well... you can modify their initial feats in the protos.tab just change the displayed feat to whatever you like. As for how they level up... that appears to be controled by the levelup.tab file.... but there is some uncertainty to as to wether or not it actually works. I've moddified meleny's initial stats (MY LORD, how uselss she is!) nothin to heavy, just boosted con, dex, and wis, by 2 or 3 points... I was REALLY tempted to give her a 16 strenght and longspear.... but that just didn't seem to fit ;-)

had to elave for work before i tested it tough. I'll see if it works when i get home.

Our Host!