Moathouse respawn Lareth's Diary

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Anthom, Feb 12, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Anthom

Anthom Member

I am at the point in the moathouse respawn where you fight the witch and her minions. I start the battle and I have my wizard cast Ice Storm, I think it's called ice storm. When I do one of the archer skeleton's is standing near or IS the source of some text that shows up saying help help help me or something to that effect and when it does in the battle menu where it shows the order of initiative. Lareth's diary appears in two spots, when it gets to the diary's "turn" it pauses for awhile and then continues in order of initiative. It never attacks or anything except for me waiting for it to continue. I eventually kill off everything, execpt the diary because I have no way of targeting it, the battle coninues on and I can't get it to end the battle. Is this supposed to happen or have I found a bug or worse. I have a corrupt save and I am going to have to figure out how far back I have to go to see if it fixes it. I did install the 6.0.1 NC addon. Could that have caused it? Not sure what to do.:scratchhe

Edit: As goes with most things I find broke. I go back and try a third time and I use the same spell, but this time I leave that skeleton out of the range of the spell and I don't get the text. HOWEVER, when I started the fight. I saw next to that skeleton someone say retreat retreat at the start of the battle. I believe it said something else, but then nothing after that. I killed ever thing and it let me advance. I have no idea what that is other than the remnants of Lareth telling his brigands what to do from the original moathouse. Any who I got past it for now and saved a new save as always. I have played to many games in my time to not save often and many different saves. About the only thing that I have learned over the years. lol

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
Our Host!