Moat House Guardsman Glitch

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Silverchaos71, Aug 4, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. Silverchaos71

Silverchaos71 Member

Co8,

Just "finished" the moat house for the first time, but am stuck in an annoying glitch. During the battle with the lieutenant, sergeants, many guardsmen and laerth, 16 guardsmen have "spawned" in the main room where the lieutenant was. These guards showed up once a turn or so, however, I cant see them, interact with them, fight them, etc. About the only thing I can do, is click and drag they're picture to move them on the initiative bar. This is the only way that I can get my characters to actually do anything, because the phantom guardsmen dont do anything when they're active. It was slightly annoying during the fight, but now that all enemies are dead (to include the two black widow spiders) to my knowledge, I cant get out of combat. Flee Combat results in "Invalid Option" or something. Pressing "C" doesnt do anything. I tried to get one of my characters to go to the exit and see if exiting through the back way would do anything, but I cant even get out of the moat house dungeon.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Reload an earlier save and see if the problem reoccurs, alternatively it could be an issue with your installation, you could reactivate the module in TFE-X and see if that resolves the problem, another possible fix would be to install Temple + and run the game through that launcher instead, I hope this helps resolve your issue.

3. Silverchaos71

Silverchaos71 Member

Allyx,

Thanks for the reply. I've got Temple+ running, and start the game through that launcher. I'll try reactivating the module. I knew that reloading from a previous save was an option, just one I was really not wanting to do, as that battle was a little...frustrating at times to say the least.

Thanks again,

Our Host!