missing key in verbobonc

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by dale5351, Oct 7, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. dale5351

dale5351 Established Member

I have been sent to Verbobonc by Brother Smyth. Talked to main guy, and got quest for clearing tunnel etc. in Gnome area. Went to see Gnome Prince, talked to him about drow.

He said that he gave me a key -- but when I look at my list of keys there is no new key there. What can I do about that? When I get to the tunnel door, it is locked and does not open for me.

I accidently turned off the "notify me when new keys are added". Is there any way to get that turned back on?

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I haven't gotten to this point yet in the game but is it possible that the key is an actual physical thing that takes up space in your inventory- and if your character's inventory was full, it wouldn't show up? Just a wild guess on my part...

3. silo25

silo25 Established Member

you can pick that door too

4. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

The key is actually gotten from Nybble in the Gnome tunnels not the Prince.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Prince Zook will give it to you if Nybble and Co. don't exist in Verbobonc (if you didn't rescue them from the Moathouse).

The key is a regular key that gets added to your logbook key list. I don't see anything wrong in the code for Zook.

6. dale5351

I must have missed finding them.
    Would they still be there if I have finished Moathouse respawn -- or is that path gone forever.

Nothing showed up in the logbook, but the Prince said he gave me a key. Plus, the door is locked when I get there. I'll try picking the lock later.

Do you know if there is a way to turn back on the notification of keys picked up?

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

There doesn't seem to be.

I checked Zook's inventory and it turns out that all this time, apparently, he hasn't actually had the damn key. :roll: We'll give him a copy; thanks for reporting.

In the meantime, you can get one by consoling this:

Code:
    give 10022

8. dale5351

I assume that means no way to turn notification back on -- thanks.
    Yeah -- I seem to have a habit of finding holes in software:-}} (old grey beard smiley)

Thanks -- I'll log that down for later.

BTW, I went back to the moathouse where those guys were supposed to have been. They were not there. Either I killed them the first time around without realizing future consequences, or else I did not find them and the moathouse respawn wiped them out.

In any case, with that code, I can continue on with the Gnome tunnel -- but now I'm clearing out ToEE dungeon a level at a time.

Our Host!