Missing Drow?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by oudeis, Apr 19, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. oudeis

oudeis Member

Note- Restarted ToEE after not playing for over a year, rerolled party because old saves incompatible with current pack (as per other posts).

I have a NG party at fifth level and I'm wondering where/when the Drow are going to appear. In my searches here I saw them referred to in the context of the Deklo quest and something about Lareth's letter. Unfortunately I delayed finding/didn't stumble across the Swamp Lotus so poor Amii died, and I've long since cleared the Moathouse and never came across the letter (by the way, I really kind of missed the Bodak getting summoned, simply because its one-shot kill attack was so terrifying and it was so hard to kill that I felt a real sense of accomplishment when I triumphed. The bonus giant Black Widows were a surprise treat, though :cool2:). Have I missed them somehow? I really don't care about the pistol, or the new rifle, which sounds cool, but killing them was one of my more satisfying fights and looting them gave my party badass gear and grand cash.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

The drow is in the Decklo Grove only if you're evil.

Amii's flower is on one of the swamp encounter maps. Look at the entire map before leaving. You probably simply left, the time it appeared.

After you clear the moathouse, it later repopulates. Go there now, Check it every once in a while.

3. oudeis

oudeis Member

I would swear the last time I played I found the Drow in a 'secret', presumably Co8-created area. It had a stone dais and creepy lighting and was a night scene; I can't remember at all how I got there, though. Are you saying they are now in the Moathouse? There were several of them, including the badass woman who offered you the pistol. Again, I don't want the gun, I just want to fight them, kill them, and take all their stuff (does that make me a bad person?). I remember they were powerful but I outnumbered them and won that way. My party just levelled to 6 so I'm hoping to find them soon before the fight becomes too easy.

4. GuardianAngel82

They are not in the moathouse, but a friend of theirs is.

Sounds like you're describing beneath Verbobonc.

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Nah, that's the endgame of the Moathouse Respawn, when you follow the witch's note to find her sister (the "badass woman" with the gun.)

6. GuardianAngel82

Reread it. The dias through me off. You're right. :thumbsup:

7. oudeis

oudeis Member

Went back and cleared the moathouse again and found what I was looking for. As a side note, when I played this far a long time ago back in the 5.0x days I don't think I went back to the bugbear room. Seeing
    those two Bodak's and all those Shadows
    for the first time nearly gave me a damn'd heart attack. Beautiful work, Co8.:beer:

By the way, for me the whole point of the encounter was to kill the Drow and take their stuff, but the encounter with the witch made me curious how much damage the pistol does. I saved my game before talking to her so I could explore all my options but I always choose the
    Periapt of Wound Closure

I also restarted my game for unrelated reasons and this time I found the Swamp Lotus in time. I hate not being able to save people:anger:. I'm just glad the timer doesn't start until you take the quest.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  8. GuardianAngel82

There's not a timer, you failed to get the lotus when it appeared. There IS a time before it fails the quest after that, though. ;)

Our Host!