Meeting St Cuthbert

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Zalmoxes, Jan 4, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Sooooo, nicely grilled Hedrack's party(him included), "repaired" my party, resurected Hedrack, he's calling Iuz, my dwarf fighter(10Ftr/5Cle,Fragarach, max power attack, stoneskin, etc......) ko him,Iuz,(non lethal damage) during the 4th round, no St. Cuthbert showing??????! Running latest CMF, pyc.delede,clean cache,etc. New bug or am I misssing something? Tks

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

So you wiped out Hedrack and friends then raised Hedrack to get him to call Iuz? Well you may have broken the game doing that - thats hardly standard game-play.

Did u have any NPCs in your party?

3. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

I know it's not a really "orthodox" approach, but you know what they say, in love and war....... The idea of doing it that way was to give me time to prepare myself for Iuz. No NPC in my CG party(Dwarf Ftr10/Cle5,Elf Rog8/Rng7,Hu Wiz11/Bd2,Hu Cle10/Ftr2), just a couple of bears lying unconscious in the room where I fought 3 ettins,on the same level.

4. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

When fighting IUZ, do non-lethal damage,, that way Cuthbert still shows up..

5. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Thanks everybody. I figured out what was going on. When I knocked Iuz out he was the last fighting so the combat ended before St. Cuthbert showed. This time I let Hedrack live and voila, St.Cuthbert's here!

6. Shiningted

Kill him! KILL HIM!!! :rant: :chainsaw: :dead:

7. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Moral issues here.... My party's CG. Shouldn't do "nasty" things with no reason but he(St. Cuthbert) just PISSES ME OFF grrr.... My chaotic side just took over and remembered that the above named has the habit to take money from people condemning them to poverty(Cavannagh anyone?) so ,as a result, he's dust. Anarchy in the UK ehm... Grayhawk... rules!! :)

8. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Cuthbert is Lawful Neutral, you are Chaotic Good, same as Robin Hood. So think of it as taking from the rich "Cuthbert" and Giving to the poor "You" (taken his exp that is). Think of it more as sparring, as he doesnt die, you are sparring for his exp.. :thumbsup:

9. Shiningted

While I don't specifically condone CG folks killing LN dieties, I should imagine folks who do good in a chaotic fashion having very little time for people who follow lawfulness without worrying about whether its outcome is good or evil. (Although Cuthbert is known to have a soft spot for Good and to be an opponent of Evil.)

Yeah, this thread's derailed ;)

Our Host!