Marching Order gets jumbled going through doors

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aquinas, Dec 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aquinas

Aquinas Member

Does anybody know how to control the order your party comes through a door (the moving from map to map type)?

I gets irritating (sometimes terminally) when your frontline troops appear behind all the soft yummy spellcasters after you change maps; this is particularly a problem in the
    Guard Tower
    and
    the Trader ambush in Nulb
    (spoilers hidden)

2. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Yeah, it sux. I have never found a way around it.

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

My way around it is Fighter levels for all my friends.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

There is actually a thread on this forum that talks about exactly this issue.

The way we line up our party from left to right is not how the game sees them when placing them on the map

The game tries to put them in almost a cross formation.

If I am remembering right, you need your squishes to be in the second and third spot.

Search for the thread and it will show you a diagram of how they are positioned according to the line up you give them.

EDIT: Like Gaear said it's in gazra_1979's Walk-through section 25, near the bottom there's a picture that makes it easy to understand, (which is actually just a copy of Gaear's original picture and explanation). :p

Remember from left to right, the first spot is normally 0, then 1 then 2 and so on but in this case it starts at 1.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

As usual it's in gazra's game guide here (really, why wouldn't you automatically look there for every possible answer to every possible thing? ;)), or see this thread.

6. Legless

Legless Established Member

For every attack on entry battle, there seems to be a different position that your PC's end up in.
    I noted the postions and on reload or future run throughs, I change the line up before I enter said building. OK this is meta gaming (or whatever the latest jargon is) but with pnp (or real life) you decide who enters first and what action they take when FIBUA (fighting in built up areas), so its not really cheating and its adding to the "realism" of the experience. Its not the players fault that certain aspects of the game are seriously FUBAR, but by compensating in this way, you correct the errors of programming.

Maybe its only me, but I think computer games/programmes should work properly when they are first bought and not nearly work adequetly after the the 5th bug fix. You wouldn't buy a car that has fatal flaws in safety or performance so why should you have to with computer progammes? And I don't just mean games.

7. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I don't remember that knowing (as a young teen at the start of the 80's) a Lancia Beta Monte Carlo would likely be condemned for terminal rusting at its 3rd birthday safety inspection actually stopped me lusting after one.....

8. Aquinas

Aquinas Member

mea culpa, mea culpa mea maxima culpa

I should indeed have looked in the game guide :blush:

Thank you for the information

Our Host!