Maps

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Tazira, Dec 24, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Tazira

Tazira Member

Is There anyway to get rid of all the black shadows that cover the town map until you go through each area? I was playing on a different computer yesterday and the entire map was uncovered, not just the places that I have been to. It makes navigating the game a whole lot easier!

Thanks for the help
    Tazira

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

I think this is one of the things in the co8 patch. Also, I believe you can type "nofog" into the console to remove the fog. To call up the console, hold shift and press teh ~ key (next to the 1 at the top right of the keyboard). You may have to hold it down for a while.

3. Tazira

Tazira Member

I typed in nofog and "nofog" to no effect. Is there a command string that has to precede this?

I have managed to level up my players from LV1 to LV3 just by typing levelup up the two times that I've opened the screen...but I can't get the fog command to work...Hmmmm....

Tazira

4. Lord Plothos

Woopsie. I was wrong about how to do that nofog thingie. I just found out what you're supposed to do (but haven't tried it yet). Right-click on the shortcut you use to start the game, and open up the "properties" window. There should be a line for the "target" of the shortcut, and in it should be the path to the .exe file for the game. It should read something like this: "C\program files\atari\temple of elemental evil\TOEE.exe". Add " - nofog" outside the ".

That is, the target box should read like this:
    "C\program files\atari\temple of elemental evil\TOEE.exe" - nofog

If you enter it wrong, you may get an error message, but if you do it right, when you start the game this way, it should remove the fog from your maps.

Lemme know if it works.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  5. Tazira

Tazira Member

Rats! It didn't work. I'm not sure what to try now...If you figure this out, let me know, ok? I'm going to wander the village a bit, just to open up the map somemore...

Tazira

6. Lord Plothos

Yeah, didn't work for me either. It's possible one or another of the patches makes this not work, since it presumably worked for someone at one point. Oh well. I guess you'll have to go with the co8 patch (that has fog-remove, doesn't it?).

Our Host!