Livonya's Beta 1.5 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 23, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Liv, I noticed another instance of this when dealing with Rannos and Gremag. After confronting the traders' courier and getting him to confess, I talked to R & G and got them to acknowledge. Then, when discussing the bribe, there were 2 choices for rejecting the bribe amount. One was a normal-intellect type response, the other was something like "Me need more!"

2. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Can you be more specific? What big frog? Where were you? I can't find any reason why this would happen... less than none actually, so I could use a lot more information.

- Livonya

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

you can "restore" any ability to regain levels but only to the minimum required for your current level.

4. Allyx

Sounds like a mix up, most dialogues have 2 responses, 1 for characters with less than 8 inteligence and one with 8 or more, the "stupid" responce should have the minimum 1 next to it, the inteligent one should have an 8.

5. Allyx

Liv-- have your recent fixes been intergrated into your downloadable at the start of this thread or should I get them as well? (haven't started playing again yet since adding the fix)

6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The party was in the street in front of Otis's place .My wizard had identified the elven chainmail from the encounter with the BehemothFrog/Seahag. He dropped it in the street and moved away. The fighter came up to pick it up and when I clicked, pow, we were in the brothel. I don't do the brothel quests so the party had never been there. I'll go back over there and duplicate it and see what happens.
    Just went back and duplicated the scene and nothing happened. Probably just a one-time glitch . Weird.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  7. Ikarius

Ikarius Member

Livonya-

First off, fantastic mod! I'm loving the quest changes and new paths to be found.

One comment- for new folks, a summary of what your mod does would be useful - letting folks know that old NPCs might react differently, new quests had been added (and maybe where i.e. 5 new quests in hommlet), and that sort of thing. The information I was able to find prior to actually installing your mod was VERY sparse, so I really had no idea what I was going to be getting when I installed it.

Any idea if your mod would have any problem with stuff done by mod studio 2004? I'm asking because you specifically have folks turn off autosave on map load, and mod studio 2004 has some spawn load which appears to hook in at the beginning of loading new maps, so I dont want to put in mod studio if it will cause difficulty with your mod.

Cheers
    Ikarius

8. Livonya

Ikarius -

I used mod studio a tiny bit with my mod. The mod studio is pretty much broken in my opinion though, and a lot of the stuff it does is wrong or doesn't work. At least in the version I have. It also often creates broken scripts... and you have to manually repair them in most cases.

Any event if you can get mod studio working then it will work, but I warn you that you want to use it as little as possible. If I use mod studio to add a heartbeat spawner to map 5001 (which I did) and then you also use the mod studio to do the same thing then your changes will never work with my changes.

I pretty much avoid using the mod studio as much as possible as it can cause massive problems. The files in the maps folder of my mod are all from the mod studio.

You are better off trying to find a creature in the game that can do what the heartbeat spawner does...

- Livonya

9. Ikarius

Ikarius Member

Livonya,
    Alright, thanks for the advice on mod studio. It just looked interesting to mess around with, but I was concerned because it said that it added the heartbeat spawner mod automatically, and I didnt know what that might do to the things you've done.

Cheers
    Ikarius

10. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Liv told in another post that they are NOT included into the downloadable 1.5 but that they should be added directly in the 2.0
    I hope that Liv updated the 1.5 to 1.5.1 because I'm quite messed up with the order of the installation of those changes and I'm not playing at all because I want to enjoy the adventure at its best potential.

11. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

i just noticed that for some reason the gloves of dexterity are appearing as a spear. they can still be used but it just looks odd. i changed them in the protos tab but they still look like a spear.

12. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Total lockup.

I'm at level 3 in the little area where Scorpp and the ogres/bugbears are. My wizard just fired magic missile at the bugbear in the side room. Before they hit the game froze stone cold solid. No movement what so ever. No F9, no ESC, no ctr-alt-del. Had to power down. Will try again.

13. Allyx

Ha, at the rate things are being improved/changed at the moment it may be quite a while before you play!

14. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Robe of Blending

As I was crafting items for my party, I noticed a robe of blending had been added. It grants a +15 to hide and allows the wearer to go invisible for a total item cost of 10,000gp.

The robe of blending in the 3.5 DMG only adds +10 to hide, allows the wearer to use disguise self (which I realize doesn't exist in ToEE) and costs 30,000gp.

The craftable item is not only better than it should be, by the rules, but also costs 1/3 what it should.

15. Livonya

I agree, I added all of the craftables that Allyx made, and some are too good or too easy to get. I have been trying to "fix" them as in get them to be more expensive or have the proper Crafting levels but there are a lot of items there...

Anything you see that needs changing just post and I will take care of those items...

- Livonya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!