Livonya's Beta 1.5 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 23, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I changed mine to look like mystic garb.

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

LMAO I spent 2 days trying to replicate a disappearing xp bug someone said was occuring. And there's the answer.

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I'm playing CG with Liv1.5 straight-up, fair and square as the game was written. Sofar everything is cool. I'm at dungeon level 1 and I have the best, most powerful party I've ever had in the months I've been playing. I'm going through like it's the first time and checking everything. I'm severely short of money and Elmo almost bit it a few times. Very interesting and I'm having a ggod time. I don't know how to modify anything, don't want to either. I'm just a player. I like the mods, they're different and interesting. But, if there are 3-7 juggernauts in the water temple, I quit!

4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

How does that work, considering when you use Restoration it only gives you the option of Restoring ability scores? (Not to mention the fact that by the rules Restoration should not bring back XP lost via Raise Dead.)

5. wizgeorge

I was wondering because the ablility lose from spider poison, hydra, seahag,etc seem to be different. The spider poison seems to wear off quickly with rest. Same for the seahag. The hydra poison needed restoration. It wouldn't go away with rest. Restoration after raise dead doesn't recover lost xp. You have to earn them back and it takes a long time. Raisedead is good, but don't plan on leveling up anytime soon. In the pnp game resurrection was extremely exspensive if you could find a cleric willing to do it. It took years off the clerics life span, so, usually if you got killed your where gone. Hope you had a will at the Bank of Greyhawk.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  6. Zebedee

Restoration (using any ability as its target) will take your XP back up to the minimum xp needed to maintain your current level. May need a few shots of it though. As for the rules, I know nothing about them ;)

7. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

thats cool. im trying different armors including cloth armor. see which one looks best. probally end up going with either the leather look or chain shirt.

8. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

velly intellesting about resurrection/restoration...

I usually don't let anyone die, but being unable to replace Fruella's armor (because then she would be encumbered), or enchant her axe, I thought I would take the opportunity.

I like what Wizgeorge had to say about old-time rules. A world in which anyone could be resurrected so easily makes no sense and IMO isn't as much fun.

Thanks!

9. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Those characters...

...were only mostly dead...

10. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

There is a big difference between being mostly dead and all dead...

11. wizgeorge

Twice now I've had randon encounters on the Hommlet/Nulb road and nobody/nothing was there. Whatever the encounter was suppose to be didn't trigger. No combat initiate or anything.
    A fighter went to pick up the elven chainmail from the big frog out in the street in front of Otis's place and the party was teleported to the brothel. Whoa, what is up with that? I've never seen anything like that happen before. Strange things are happening.

12. AmishLuvah

AmishLuvah Member

permanent spell problems

My party is suffering from a case of permanent silence. I recall that little boy saying something about what to to in that scenario but I can't remember what it was. I suggest you put a readme file in you next release that details the same info for reviewing purposes. Thanks in advance.

13. Zebedee

Minor textual.

Talking to Mona allows you to free Serena without having to speak to Serena at all.

14. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

See my "Stuck in silent mode! Help!" thread in this forum. It sure helped me in the same situation.

15. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

I will look into it.

- Livonya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!