Livonya's Beta 1.0 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

oh i did have a question concerning the kids. are the grandkids at the widows house the only ones you added in? cause the stonemason asks if his are in the yard. if they are lost it seems like it should be a minor quest but nothing comes of it.
    2) the woodcutters daughter is sick and needs a full heal but i dont see her or his wife who he says is at the weavers all the time. sounds like it would be another minor quest.
    3)we never get to find out who put the teamsters son upto dropping the hemlock on black jay's fields, just seems unfinished like we should be able to find out and finish it up.

well thats all thanks Liv

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Fix works fine. Thank you, I think ;p

3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

You're right. I do disagree. I'm of the opinion that if you've overcome a tougher challenge, you should be rewarded accordingly.

Again, in TT, if I threw a CR 10 opponent at my players and only gave them the XP of a CR 6, they would be unhappy with me, unless I had established at the beginning of the game I was reducing XP across the board. (And ToEE already seems to be doing this. I haven't checked every XP award, but so far it looks like the game only awards 70% of the XP it should.) Doing it arbitrarily is unfair. If I feel the PCs are progressing too quickly, I can run a few sessions that are more RP-heavy or with easier fights that aren't going to give them much in the way of XP. Obviously, you can't do that in ToEE, but that's simply where a video game differs from TT. My main beef is consistancy. To the D&D rules and to the game's internal logic.

4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Some minor stuff I noticed. Some (but not all) of the gnolls in the 1st floor of the temple still have DR 5/Bludgeoning. The Moathouse gnolls, on the other hand, seemed to be DR free.

When a Spiritual Weapon is killed, the caster is left with a Permanent "Dismiss Spells" option in his radial menu. Recasting Spiritual Weapon and dismissing it does not cause it to go away. Jaroo's permanancy fix does, however. (I had some difficulty finding the option in his dialogue, though. Also, is he supposed to heal the person back to full/previous hp? Because he doesn't. It works like a charm, otherwise. And healing the person yourself isn't that big of a deal, I was just wondering if that's the way it's supposed to work.)

5. CucoGordo

CucoGordo Member

I thought about those things too and just figured I sucked and couldn't do the mission right to activate those missions.

Thanks again Livonya.

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Not been able to replicate this yet, but I zoned in to Jaroo's hut and caught Jaroo with a pre-summoned brown bear. Which seemed to make him want to kill me...

None of the usual reasons for Jaroo wanting to kill a party were there and I have not been able to replicate so I hesitated before posting. The only thing out of the ordinary was I had 'Silence' spell permanancy issues.

I only mention it because the next spell Jaroo cast was his stoneskin, which made me wonder whether Nature's Ally was considered to be a 'buff' in his AI and whether casting this spell may have the effect of triggering combat.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  7. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

There is actually a file in the .dat that regulates the % of xp awarded. I have it in the rules folder -> "combat_vars.mes"

8. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Livonya, I'm having the same random encounter glich? as noted above.

I move from point to point on the overland map, and I get an encounter (once with lacedons, and once with crayfish). When I get to the combat map, there are no monsters. Are we so tough that we scared them away?

9. Sheriff05

Sheriff05 Member

Nah no other mods and I did a clean install on a separate drive for this,
    I did copy and paste the old portaits folder into the new Art/Interface folder
    maybe the .mes is screwed up of something, I will try some other options.

ALSO, I noticed the files with gibberish "XfGillsZsDE" are back in the maps folder
    after I delete them and start the game when I go back and check they reappear after the game is launched is that "supposed" to happen?

10. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I've encountered the problem that was already mentioned before (with empty random encounters), though I've already installed a fix for it.
    The encounter was "1 x Lizard, 1 x Giant Lizard".

My Survival skill totals are 0.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0 (for each of the party members).

- Agetian

11. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Agetian...fix? what fix? where?!? =0

12. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

This is normal. The files are a cache for map information. ToEE creates them each time you start the game (when you see the "Initialising ..." messages).

13. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

It's under "EDIT #3" in the very first post here (where the link is). It's supposed to remove the empty encounter bug (and it does, in most cases). However, as I said earlier, I've come across this bug again once, even with the fix.

- Agetian

14. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Fruella and Feldrin

I see you downgraded my favorie woman to level 1, but I married her anyway. Fruella is my favorite npc and she's a decent fighter. I just finished the fight with the AirTemple guards, but the commander Feldrin wasn't part of it. His chest was in the room and we looted it. Had to use knock, no key, no Feldrin. Is this intended? PS. I started with a fresh install and added the mods and everything is working fine. No problems what so ever and I'm at the early stages of temple level 2. Looks great sofar.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  15. Profitjesus

Profitjesus Member

River floating

Greetings

First of all, great work Livonya!
    You actually made me installe a game I thought, I would never play
    again.

I don't know if your mod i causing this, but I have found no error
    report concerning my problem.
    The river in Hommlet is flying...That is, it is in the first graphical
    layer I guess. It overlaps the trees and the bridges. Quite interessting
    - I have linked an image showing my jinxed world Here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!