Livonya's Beta 1.0 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

re. Smith's Chest

Ran it through again a couple of times using Knock. No dialogue from the smith. I confess to complete ignorance to how the game mechanics function atm but is it related to knock automatically opening the chest? (ie knock makes the chest look like it opens according to the animation).

Just to check on Spugnoir and Furnok... it's WAD that they are level 1?

And a query to the board mods - would it be easier to split off some of these questions to other threads (I think it's been suggested already).

eg Can't get Liv's Mod to work? Answers here

Comments on Liv's Mod

Bug reports.

2. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Member

Good idea.

3. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

You can NOT use a saved game from before.

That isn't going to work.

You have to start a new game. That is probably the problem.

- Livonya

4. Livonya

Okay, I will have to tinker with it. I honestly forgot about Knock. So I will have to write some new code that deals with that.

Thanks for the info.

As for Spugnoir and Furnok... they are now level 1. I did this because I like to play with the mod where I level the NPCs up myself. So I wanted these 2 to start out as level 1.

I assume that is what you are asking about?

- Livonya

5. Livonya

Please post all questions concerning instalation problems in the instalation thread.

And PLEASE do NOT post spoliers in this thread.

If you have things to say about spoliers please post them in the spolier's thread.

Some people would like to discover this stuff for themselves, and should have the option to not know.

thanks...

- Livonaya

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Thanks for the info Liv. Just threw me a little because I thought I'd try Furnok to unlock the chests for me hehe

7. Livonya

The reason I did this was that I do NOT want to speed up experience progression. D&D is a different game at each level of play. A real DM will monitor the speed that the party is leveling up. A good DM doesn't want the party to get to the higher levels too quickly. When you level up too fast you miss out on some of the game.

I know you probably don't like my reasoning, but that is why I did it that way.

Personally I would like to slow down experince gain by 1/3 from what it is right now.

However I only lowered the CR on two or three Monsters/NPCs. So I think you can live with my choice...

At some point I will offer a Difficulty mod where all creatures have a lowered CR to decrease level gain and increase game time.

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The craft wonderous items list has was the wand magic missiles in it (1 & 4)!
    Also a few of the other items I have got used to crafting are missing, the helm of reading magic (amazingly useful with all the potions you can find), the vest of escape (never used it but gone none the less) among others.

9. Livonya

Zebedee -

Try this fix...

put the "Spell262 - Knock.py" file in the:

Temple of Elemental Evil/data/scr

put the "spell.mes" file in the:

Temple of Elemental Evil/data/mes

that should solve the problem, though my fix won't make you happy...

you're too clever for your own good.

- Livonya

Attached Files:

10. Sheriff05

Sheriff05 Member

That really doesn't tell me anything as I have had custom pics working thru all 3 patches and the Co8 mods without issue until now. Maybe it's related to something else but when I loaded the game with Liv's mod installed every game
    crashed immediately upon entering the character interface, when I stopped using the characters with custom pics, the crashes stopped thats all I have to go on any thoughts, anyone?

11. Livonya

Allyx -

I haven't had time to add those items to my build. They were additions that were made after the last Co8 fix and I just haven't gotten them in there yet.

Soon I will get them in.

Also, I will fix the magic missile wand problem... thanks for the info on that problem!

- Livonya

12. Livonya

Sheriff05 -

I don't think I have done anything that would cause your crash.

I could very well be wrong, but for the life of me I can't think of a reason why my mod would cause this problem.

In fact I use custom portraits on my version and it works fine.

You are probably missing some files that are related to your custom portraits. I suspect when you added my mod something got removed and you are now missing that. Once you get those missing files back in then it will work again.

Without looking at the files on your computer I really have no way to help you otherwise.

- Livonya

13. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

im got the same problem sheriff05. custom portraits arent working anymore. i can use 1 character with a custom portrait or all with standard portraits and no problem but if i put in more then i get an error in the temple dll. im thinking about finding an early version of the temple dll. file and puting it in to see if that corrects the problem. in the mean time im just playing with the standard default portraits to check out all the new stuff.

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sheriff05, did you ever have the Vicks & Wedge mod installed in your game? IIRC, we worked Lord_graywolfe's problem back far enough to discover that something about V & W screws custom portraits. If you had it but it's gone now, there may still be some file somewhere corrupting your setup.

15. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

we should probally move this back over to the custom portriats thread to continue it. i tried using a different temple dll and still got the same error after a complete wipe and reinstall. so something is screwy here cause i had them working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!