Livonya's Beta 1.0 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

You should start with the Circle of Eight Patch 3.0.4

the maps go in:

Temple of Elemental Evil/modules/ToEE/maps

This is different than where the other files go...

- Livonya

2. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok thanks Liv done that and will start checking it out as soon as i track down some of the addons others have done on here, i like having masterwork composite longbows in the game and black elven cloaks lol. :sphappy:

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I haven't seen this so far, I don't know what may be causing it. It doesn't seem to happen for me...

- Agetian

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Liv, are we supposed to disregard moebius' temple.dll with your mod? I thought originally your changes were going to be based on Atari 2, Co8 3.0.4, and moebius.

Morpheus, we must have the Arena of Heroes mod!!! ;)

gaear

5. Livonya

I believe that I have correctly included the moebius' temple.dll with my mod.

The temple.dll that comes with my mod is his...

And I put all his files in my mod folders...

So as long as I did it correctly you should get moebius' temple.dll when you plug my mod in...

I guess I should have documented that...

- Livonya

6. nago

nago Member

Excellent so far!

I am really enjoying the updates so far. Lareth casts some good spells as does the skeleton priest, who is refreshingly challenging!

One odd thing (a bug perhaps) that I have been experiencing is often while traveling on the map (like from Hommlet to Emredy Meadows) an encounter screen pops up (as if I had encountered a wandering monster), but there are no monsters there.

Also, I do not know if this was intentional, but a number of Hommlet spellcasters (Spunoir, Calmert, Terjon, Jaroo) cast defensive spells when I enter their building/room. This does not cause any problems for me, but I do worry about Jaroo wasting 250gp each time =)

The assasin is definitely harder -- perhaps too hard, as he kills Meleny on the first round even though she has 42hp }:(

I really like the new reps, and am looking forward to finding what are the new consequences for attack Ranos...

Thanks again for making the mod!

7. Livonya

Are you getting any random encounters? Or just constant blank encounters?

What is your highest skill in Survival? It may have something to do with the Survival skill.

I did mess with the random encounters script, so I may have goofed something.

I have not seen this problem, personally, but I will do some testing with map traveling to see if there is a problem induced by one of my scripts.

I will absolutely see if I can solve duplicate this and resolve it.

The spell casters should have defensive spells up and running, which is why they are casting spells when you enter their maps. I realize that they wouldn't normally cast them over and over again, but there was no way to keep them running so they just have to hit themselves each time you enter the map. They will normally only cast spells that would last for a lengthy period of time. I assume you have spells running on some of your characters when you travel about, and so it is with the NPCs.

Glad you are enjoying it otherwise.

The Assassin SHOULD be pretty tough as he comes alone... and isn't really much of a challenge for one party, though hopefully he does some damage before you kill him off. I didn't boost him too much, but just enough to make him an ASSASSIN and not just a speedbump.

The reputation involving Ranos is one of my favorites, I hope you will post once it evolves into completion.... watch your back...

- Livonya

8. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok ive been a bit busy but finally got the game reinstalled and atari 2, 3-0-4 and yours installed Liv. i ran into a major problem though. no mater what i do the game is crashing as soon as the movie for the opening vinette is done, dosnt matter what alignment i use or how many charcters. ive never had this problem before. any ideas on whats going on

9. Livonya

In an earlier post you mentioned that you were going to "track down some of the addons others have done".

If you installed ANYTHING on top of my mod then you probably screwed my mod up which would cause a crash to desk top.

It is working for other people, so I am assuming that the problem is unique to your instalation or set up.... but let's see what we can do...

These are the things to check, as these are the files that most often will cause a crash to desktop.

1) The protos.tab file MUST be my protos.tab file

2) The InvenSource.mes file MUST be my file

3) Did you deleate all the gibberish files in the map folder?

Temple of Elemental Evil/modules/ToEE/maps

4) Make sure the description.mes file is from my mod

Check those 4 things... My bet is the problem is with 3 or 4...

Also, did you always try with the same party? Try with different class types and see if it still happens... anything more you can tell me will help.

If that doesn't work, I suggest you re-install my mod.

Unfortunantly, my mod is very intensive with a lot of changes, and a small change in the files can really mess everything up.

Let me know if you get it going.

- Livonya

10. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Can't marry Fruella

I didn't get the dialouge that enables the pc to marry Fruella. The pc has a charisma of 16, and it always worked before. Is the charima not high enough now?

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

This was a known problem with an earlier version of moebius' temple.dll; it happened due to a problem with fighters' starting equipment. Not sure if that has anything to do with anything, just thought I'd throw it out . . .

Did you install exactly to Livonya's specifications?

12. Livonya

I did not change anything to do with Fruella's marriage conditions.

So there is simply something else going on that has to do with the construction of your game party or NPC.

- Livonya

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

I had the CTD problem after vignette for a while, but a complete uninstall and reinstall seemed to have cured it. I think my problem was messing up the maps part. I had a folder called maps inside a folder called maps...

There is also the CTD on occasion when you want to click on a spot quite far away from your group (eg your group is at St.Cuthbert's church and you click on Widow's house to travel there). But this also occasionally happened in every other mod I've tried. In this case, always remember to save your game regularly. And yes I didn't... and yes I was... and yes I am ;)

Changing maps indoors (eg from upstairs to downstairs in Weaver's house hommlet) sometimes makes the screen look like you're viewing it through a blue filter. It always vanishes after a few seconds and everything returns to normal so this is a minor glitch I mention only in passing.

Jaroo and the Cuthbert clerics buff themselves up rather impressively. Never noticed this before, so if it's Liv's mod then kudos. Jaroo stoneskins as soon as you enter, while the Cuthbert brigade use Shield of Faith and one other (never get close enough with my wizzy or cleric to spot their first buff) as soon as you enter.

14. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Haven't run into any bugs yet. However, a couple of difficulty increases seem a little heavy-handed.

1) The trap on the thieves tools lying in the moathouse courtyard. I was unpleasantly surprised to find it a) suddenly functioning as a chest and b) trapped when there's no visibile indicator of "a". Granted, the trap did minimal damage, but it was still a WTF moment.

2) The spider chest in the moathouse has a pick DC of 29. Which means if you're level 1, even with a maxed out Dexterity and Open Locks you have no way of opening it.

3) Lubash (the Moathouse Orge) has gained a level of barbarian. He was already a tough fight for a level 2 party, being CR 3, now he's just insane. He killed both my rogue and my cleric (he killed my rogue with his first swing, then critically hit my cleric with the Cleave.) in the first round of combat. Plus, he's still listed as CR 3, meaning you don't get the extra XP the added difficulty should be granting.

15. Livonya

I believe I found the problem with this... it will take 5 minutes to fix once I get home from work I will post the fixed file.

Sorry about that... another case of OOPS!!

- Livonya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!