Livonya's Beta 1.0 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

I wanted to report a possable scripting bug from the origional game that I still see in Livonya's mod.

on the 1st level of the temple, in the room outside the high priest (Romag?) room, there are quite a few human earth temple guards and 2 bugbears. many of the humans have crossbows, but they always close to attack with daggers, in stead of using their bows.

Just wanted to mention it.

2. ldonyo

ldonyo Member

Paladins have always been Lawful. This goes all the way back to their introduction in the second (Blackmoor was its name, I believe) supplement for the original Dungeons & Dragons rules somewhere around 1976.

It wasn't until the Player's Handbook for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons came out that the nine alignment system came into being for player characters, although the Monster Manual used it before then.

3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

there was a time for paladins to be any alignment, i still have it. there were alot of optional rules. i believe most of these came out in the early 80's. the wing folk. the anti-paladin followed by paladins for every alignment the half ogre archer rangers. those are the ones that really stood out but there are probally alot that ive forgotten. i can dig out the books and scan in the pages for you if you like. these things were probally not popular enough to make to manuals when they made them. the paladins came out in the companion (3rd ) edition for D&D.

but i know all that predated grayhawk and wasnt serious about it. we'd have ask EGG what was up with Thrommel and his sword.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  4. ldonyo

ldonyo Member

Most of the rules that you're refering to are, I believe, non-TSR in origin. There were many classes and races from magazines, such as Dragon (Half-Ogre) and White Dwarf (Anti-Paladin). While many players and Dungeon Masters used them, they were never regarded as "official" by TSR or Gary Gygax. This also goes for Critical Hits and Fumbles in any version prior to the Second Edition rules.

Admittedly, a lot of this may have changed starting with the Second Edition rules and the publication of the bazillion source books, one for each class and race, if I remember correctly, along with several others for magic items and such.

I quit buying rule books when the Second Edition came out because it was obvious to me that they were only printing that many different books in order to soak money from the players. That does not appear to have changed with the Third Edition.

It's almost funny. When D&D first came out in 1974, the boxed set of three booklets was $10. The four supplements that followed, Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, and Gods, Demi-Gods and Heroes, were $5 each.

Now you have to pay $15 just for a Players Handbook and that doesn't even give you everything you need to play all of the classes! For that, you have to buy yet more books, at anywhere from $10 on up! That's why I don't play the TT version anymore, it has just gotten too expensive to keep up with.

5. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

has the 1.5 mod been posted yet>?

and where the hell is it anyway? Is there an actual list of available mods posted someplace, or just direct links to specific files within the mods folder?

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

No, Beta 1.5 hasn't been posted yet. Otherwise you'd probably see a thread with the title "Liv's Beta 1.5" or something like that ...

Here's a list of available mods & tools:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137

7. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I encountered my first "missing person" bug. In the first level of the Temple, next to the room with the elf princess, there's a room with some merchant prisoners in it. There's also supposed to be an NPC named Wicked in there. He wasn't for me.

8. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Please give me a map coordinate and a location...

open console

game.party[0].map

from utlities import *

location_to_axis(game.party[0].location)

I don't think this has anything to do with me but I will look into it...

- Livonya

9. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

Right, thanks Kalshane!

at least 10 characters

10. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well Idonyo all the ones i mentioned are from dragon, some of it was even writen by EGG and Roger but they were always option and some even got added in later.

i probally have all the 2nd edition books. might be missing a couple. i stayed away from spelljammer. i agree though the books got outragous in price and i wont even think about buying any third edition books. i will hold onto all my old books and boxed sets though. besides i rewrote the 2nd edition to balance it out more and expand it in some areas and will use it if i play again. i even submited it to TSR but they said there were to many changes in the game and they werent ready for a new edition oh well lol.

11. xvet

xvet Member

Not sure if this is normal (been a long time since I played the first one), but whenever I cast identify, I lose money - as though I was paying an NPC to cast the spell for me.

12. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

yeah its normal. it cost you the same to identify as it does to ask a merchant to do it for you. thats why i have that spell memorized ever. i do make a few scrolls of it in case i want to know about something before leaving a dungeon though.

13. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Ugh. It turns out this is the same problem that Feldrin had.

Someone has changed this file to turn him off. It was done in one of the previous patches or mods.

I have to figure out what some of the variables involved in his script mean and where they come from. I will get him fixed.

I am starting to worry. I have now found several bugs that were introduced by the previous patches/fan fixes.

Once I get this fixed I will post the fix.

- Livonya

14. xvet

xvet Member

BTW, thanks Livonya. Its amazing that someone working on his own time can turn a several year old game into something more interesting at the moment than anything I can find in the store.

15. Kordius

Kordius Member

For paladins aligement it's lawfull good in D&D 3.5 core rules ,but Wizards of the coast had relased Unhearted Arcana for the core rules 3.5 you had 3 more types of paladin ( a CG, a CE and a LE)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!