Livonya's Beta 1.0 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

I am pretty much positive that I have it fixed so that he won't cast the spell over and over again.

If he is the only one with the problem, then I am positive it will go away with the next update.

- Livonya

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Sorry Livonya, I've spent most of the day installing and reinstalling (I hate registry!) to check if the little rotter was in my game.

I'm moving this to spoilers as I need to check if what I remember is correct and to check whether this is a bug or not.

3. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Livonya,
    Small request...is there any way to alter the npcs to not loot, then if you dismiss them you have to pay them, say, 100gp / level or something? Fruella is really pissing me off looting the good jewlery from my kills, and then just keeping it.

Also, is there any way to make a chest remain unlocked after it is picked / knocked? I use the moathouse tower for a lair, and i have to pick the chest open every time I go into it.

Lastly, I noticed that when disarming traps, i recieve xp (usually 21 xp per char), but the one time I boched the job and sprung the trap, each character recieved 42 xp. The specific trap was in the ghoul room in the moathouse dungeon. weren't you going to adjust that so you didn't get xp for springing a trap? Can't remember...

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work. I for one envy your skills (hope to be able to do what you're doing one day), and I appreciate it to no end.

If any of the above is out of the scope of what your doing, too difficult to go back and change, or already been delt with, don't worry about it. I can live with it, just thought these things would be nice.

Thanks,
    Nitewolf

4. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

You know you can buy a house off of Preston Wentz in Nulb for 500 gold, right? It has two chests inside and no chance of disease for sleeping there, unlike the moathouse tower.

5. Keolander

Keolander Member

I dont know if this can be done or not,

but now that the game has become decidedly more deadly, it might be a good idea to allow all the treasure from the ToEE module to be inserted into the game. This will save some of us the headache of having scrape up the cash necessary to ressurect everyone who gets killed. I've had more than one game now where I ultimately win a battle at the cost of half my adventuring party. For that kind of danger, the rewards should be more comensurate with the original module.

I am willing to sit down and document every single GP of treasure (coins, gems, items etc) from the module if this can be done.

6. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well id love to see all the stuff in the discription list in the game somewhere some really nice stuff there. im also now that im getting the hang of making stuff going to see about making the rest of the swords of answering and fix scather's alignment.

7. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

On Feldrin

I deleted and re-installed with atari2 and co8. No Feldrin. Delete, re-install with just atari 2, got Feldrin. I think something happened in co8 that disabled or deleted him. With co8 I was doing agent revealed for Burne and on the way back to the castle, after the weasel Jaylie fessed-up, the game CTD. I have no clue. I'm waiting for 1.5 and I'll try again.

8. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Agreed...

...the sword ought to be aligned with the person who reunites Thrommel with Fragarach, a portion of this tale completey ignored by this game. And the name should reflect the alignment as well...

Answerer
    Back-talker
    Concluder
    Last-quip
    Rebutter
    Replier
    Retorter
    Scather
    Squelcher

...one for each of the 9 alignments.

9. Livonya

Feldrin

Okay, I figured out what happened to Feldrin. Well sort off.

Someone changed his script quite some time ago. It was changed in an earlier version of Co8 (before 3.04 I believe). It was changed so he is simply gone.

I have no idea who did this or why.

I will have him fixed soon and will post a fix so people can see if he is back to normal.

- Livonya

10. Livonya

If you put all those things in game then the game would become VERY unbalanced.

The point of most of those items is that you can craft them. There can be a wide variety of craftable items since you can only make so many (determined by exp and spell selection and skills and gold).

If you want them and have the skill then you craft them, otherwise they should not be in the game.

If you could find all of those items then there would be so many magic items and so much gold available to the party that gold and magic items would become common place and mundane.

- Livonya

11. Keolander

Keolander Member

Well.....Fragarach's alignment is a goof. Its not Chaotic Good, its a Lawful Good blade, otherwise Prince Thrommel would not be able to wield it (it would toast him if he tried to pick it up). For whatever reason, the mistake has been copied eventhough the issue was addressed long ago.

12. Livonya

Feldrin

Okay, I think I have fixed Feldrin.

After comparing the game's original script to the one that I was using after installing the Co8 fan fix I can tell that someone did some work on Feldrin.

That person did fix a severe problem in Feldrin's script, but they also deleated a section of his script, and replaced it with a bit from Brunk's script. The end effect is that Feldrin was in the game, but he was turned off and there was nothing that ever turned him back on.

So I believe I have him fixed.

Please put the py00167feldrin.py file in your Temple of Elemental Evil/data/scr folder...

Let me know how this works...

- Livonya

Attached Files:

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Thanks Livonya - am I right in assuming this needs a new game to work? It doesn't seem to with my saved games in this area.

On a totally unrelated issue - have you noticed how prone this area is to the game glitch where all your characters can end up standing on the same spot? Got very confused when I thought I was killing the same bandit, but it turned out there were four all stacked on top of each other hehe

14. Livonya

Yes, unfortunantly if you have already been to that area then he is already turned off.

You don't need a fresh game, but merely a save spot that happens before you go to this map.

There is no way to turn him on via the console as he lacks a proper handle id.

- Livonya

15. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well Liv i dont know how you would craft excalliber i dont think you can. there are several items in the list that just cant be crafted and arent avalible in the game.

as for the swords of answering i think all of them with the correct alignments should be avalible so that not just CG PC's can get a great sword. scather is not supose to be CG, fragarach is the CG sword and there is only one per alignment. one thing i dont think i can fix is the fact that they made scather in this game have the abilities as fragarach instead of half the power. all the other swords are copies of fragarach and not suppose to be as strong.

Keolander its worse than that they didnt actually give either sword an alignment but they did make fragarach chaotic and holy.

Lord_Spike ummm where did you come up with last-quip and concluder those arent on the list for the swords. there is only suppose to be 7 total. i agree that there should be a flag for that quest so that the party alignment dictates the alignment of the sword for the reward. i wouldnt know where to even look to find that sort of thing though

now they never listed alignments for the swords leaving that upto the DM so we can assign alignments as we choose. i am open to suggestions on that. i will start playing around with them tonite and see how they work shouldnt be to hard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!