Livonya's Beta 1.0 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Ok I ran through the Feldrin room a few times on my previous install. I wanted to try it again on a totally fresh install before reporting this one as I'm not certain on how he was meant to be triggered in 'vanilla'. (trying to replicate Magao's disappearing xp right now- darned hard to get a clean install for this game!)

On one occasion I killed a mob with the correct name (ie commander) but the body disappeared without leaving any trace (even after decomposition nothing was left behind) and no dialogue appeared. Which is why I wanted to run through it on a clean install.

I don't know how Feldrin triggered before (or even if he is triggered at all) - is it somehow related to the guard in the corridor who runs back into the room once he spots you?

Feldrin would then run out with other guards. If you got Felrin to a low hp he'd then offer terms with the PCs and complain about his lieutenants.

Will try it again tonight on this fresh install.

P.S Wizgeorge - This is a 'beta' mod which is still a hell of a lot less buggy than the original game patched with Atari patch 3, why get upset about the fact that someone has spent so long trying to enhance the game for free for you and then works so hard to squash bugs which may or may not be part of his/her mod? Chill man :)

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've found a problem with Jaroo, I haven't seen this elsewhere so I'll post it here.

I had one of my characters marry Meleny (but I guess its the same with all NPC's), Meleny died, so I removed all of her items, and gave her better ones. I then went to Jaroo to reincarnate her, Jaroo said "you won't steal the clothes from MY back" and started repeatingly casting stoneskin! The info box lists 10 instances of stoneskin, but he keeps repeating the spell. I've tried removing the items from my inventory, telling Meleny not to sell or give away her equipment, and selling the equipment but none of this stops Jaroo form going stoneskin mad as soon as I see him!

3. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ive always found feldrin in the room next to the guards. he never came out when i killed his guards. in fact i would talk with him afterward and get quests from him about hiring more guards.

*minor spoiler* when his quests were over and he introed me down below to his boss i would go back up and kill him. his room was right at a set of stairs from the 3rd level. he was that way before Livs mod and still was on my last run through there. ill try it again as im back to the temple again.

4. Zebedee

Just a thought as I start another run through. Would it be possible to add the spell permanancy remover to an evil/neutral-evil NPC who is not afraid of ogres or trolls? Maybe Mona in Nulb?

5. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Allyx -

Interesting. I tried using a special scripting code for Jaroo, something I didn't use anywhere else. I was curious to see what it would do.

So that answers my question.

I will fix this.

thanks.

- Livonya

6. Livonya

Zebedee -

I think I am actually going to change the location of the spell permanancy fix to a neutral item instead of an NPC.

So I will add another place/item that can fix this problem. I agree that only having it on Jaroo is a bad idea... well not a bad idea, but not quite enough of a fix.

- Livonya

7. Livonya

I am not getting 7 Juggernauts in my game.

Not sure what is happening to you. I did NOTHING to the Juggernauts in game, so I can't think of what would be causing that. But I will see what I can do and I will look into it.

Is anyone else finding large numbers of Juggernauts in the Water Temple?

- Livonya

8. Livonya

When you run into Feldrin next time can you open the Console and give me the Map name and the location_to_axis near where he is?

I need to teleport my test party there so I can work on him.

- Livonya

9. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

nope just the one and no large groups of ogres either jumping out. ive had normal encounters both fixed and random

10. Zebedee

Only three on last visit. It was a tough fight but doable at level 7/8. (Remember that I've hardly played D&D PnP so have no idea at all about how best to kill the things - and please don't tell me!).

Random encounters seem to be ok - although I haven't done much resting in the temple.

re. Feldrin. I'm not certain if this is a bug which is why I didn't post it ; I wanted to playtest it a bit more (eg will he run out if you have started Air Temple quests?). But will post info you need as soon as I'm there.

re. spell permanancy; It's fantastic that you've figured a good way to work around the issue in the first place.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  11. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Haven't gotten to the Water Temple yet, probably tonight. ETA: So I don't know how many Juggernauts there are for me. That said, I seem to recall someone on the Atari board complaining about always fighting 4 spiders in the Deklo Grove (this was pre-mod) when there normally is only two. It might be related.

Just finished the guard house fight last night. It's much more interesting with the enemy spellcasters actually using spells. Unfortunately/fortunately the wizard ate a fireball and died before he could do anything to me.

Now that I've actually seen it cast, I notice the ToEE implimentation of Silence is funky. (By the rules, Silence affects an area and you only get a save if the caster tries to pin it directly to you, otherwise you're silenced while in the area. ToEE seems to require saves for everyone in the area and if you fail the effect stays with you for the duration, while if you succeed you can stay in the area with no ill effects. Though this is just going from memory from seeing it once.)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  12. Livonya

Actually, if you move your PC/NPC out of the spell area then the spell effect will go away for that PC/NPC.

However, sometimes it might appear on screen that you are out of the area but you actually are not out of the area. It is a bit weird.

- Livonya

13. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Okay, thanks. Like I said, it was my first time seeing it in action, so I apparently remembered that part wrong. (I stopped bothering to memorize it myself when I realized most NPC casters didn't cast anything worthwhile.)

14. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

the number of Juggernauts appearing is based on level isnt it? this time im only4th level going into the temple but even before your mod Liv when i was around 8th level i never saw more than one in there

15. Livonya

Very true! Hopefully that has changed somewhat!

- Livonya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!