List of effects of new crafting item online?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by screeg, May 5, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

With all the new items available for Craft Wondrous Item, how about some advice for someone without the books? Is there a list of these items' effects online?

What do Vest of Escape and Boots of the Winterlands do anyway?

2. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

these used to be in the changelog for co8 patch... but i cant find them now... anyone else can help with this? I myself could use alittle bit info...

But, here is a way you can tell, when you have some money to spare and XP. Save, craft item, check it out to see what it does, and then reload.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

the vest of escape works like masterwork thieves tools, and the boots of the winterlands grants damge reduction 5 vs cold attacks.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

5. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

Link's very helpful, thanks Shiningted. Half the items one crafts *can't* be evaluated simply by wearing them, and there's too many to run out and try them all in combat.

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Have a look at this thread.

I've added the items in that thread to my Arena of Heroes mod (based on Shiftyjim's and Goongyae's proposals, with a few minor modifications), and the file long_description.mes from my mod contains descriptions of what they do.

When Liv included them in her own mod, she must have forgotten to add those long descriptions.

These are the lines that need to be added to long_description.mes:

{6284}{A character wearing this device may teleport once per day, exactly as if he had cast the spell of the same name.}
    {6285}{Hidden within secret pockets of this simple silk vest are lockpicks that provide a +4 competence bonus on Open Lock checks. Also allows the wearer to act as if under the effect of a Freedom of Movement spell.}
    {6286}{This garment, worn over normal clothing or armor, grants the wearer a spell resistance of 21.}
    {6287}{These lenses enable the wearer to see much better than normal at short distances, granting them a +5 competence bonus on Search checks.}
    {6288}{Once per day, the wearer of the helm can use the spell Suggestion.}
    {6289}{These boots warm the wearer, and give limited magical protection against cold.}
    {6290}{These bracers allow the wearer to cast Searing Light once per day.}
    {6291}{These gauntlets provide limited resistance to fire as well as allowing the wearer to Produce Flame once per day.}
    {6292}{The wearer is able to use Charm Person at will.}
    {6293}{These lenses grant a +5 competence bonus on Spot checks.}
    {6294}{This helm grants its wearer the ability to read any magical writing, effectively allowing them to cast Read Magic at will.}
    {6295}{The wearer of this periapt automatically becomes stable if his hit points drop below 0. It also allows the wearer to heal at an accelerated rate.}

Our Host!