Level and difficulty

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Messiah, May 21, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Messiah

Messiah Member

The official level cap is 10, but I haven't even cleared the Moathouse and I've done only one of the in-town quests and my party (of FOUR players only BTW, and no intention to get any NPC, they're anti-social) is already level three.
    I just read in another topic a guy saying his party of EIGHT people is about to reach level 9 in the first level of the temple and having not much difficulty there.

Now I'm worried about it. I've got four players because I wanted the game to be a little difficult. It won't be cool if I get to the main dungeon just to find out the monsters there are no challenge for my party.

I was thinking about setting the level cap to 14 or something, but I think it would get my party too powerful for the game. Will it?

What should I do in order to experience a reasonably difficult game?

2. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

A lot of it is going to depend on personal play style and some trial and error.

Your 4 man party WILL have a challenge, especially in the lower dungeon levels. I suggest play through the game right as you are and adjust from there.

I've played a 5 man party with no NPC's and the level cap set at 10 and had a helluva time getting through some of the areas.

3. Messiah

Messiah Member

Thanks.

Will I reach level 10 by the end of the game, or will I have to go through half of it without levelling up no more?

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

If you play everything through, and I mean everything. You'll max out before you finish the game. If you skip some of the side questy things and just go for the Temple alone, you should reach level 10 near the end of the Temple.

Even if you max out at level 10 and have a long way to go, rest assured, you'll get your challenges.

5. Messiah

Messiah Member

I just don't want to reach 10th level too soon and have to go through half the game without levelling up any further, which is one of the coolest things in any RPG.

And are yo usure about what you're saying? My characters have never heard about the temple so far, and they've already reached 30% of the level cap.

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

If the level cap is reset to 10, you will play half the game without leveling up any more. ;)

Our Host!