Lareth Question

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Jul 28, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Is there anyway to have Lareth in your party long term? I want him to be a permanent member. What happens if you save him from Burne's tower but dont take him back to his tower next to the temple? Can you take him to Nulb and sell/rest or does he run away again?

Also, if you go to the tower, and find out Larenth is missing, can you leave the room, go back in, kill the room, and then save Lareth? Or does he disappear from the tower if you kill his tower-mates?

Thanks mucho.

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

You can keep him with you if you select "not if we kill them first" in the dialogue box. The temple tower is a trap and he turns on you. Don't go there until you have a strong party or it's endgame dead. At least that's how it worked out for me. He's got great stats but what a backstabbing butthole jerk.

3. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

Ranth

Are ya going to try this thing to keep it in the party after to rescue him from the tower? I've never tryied, and if ya dont make this, I certainly will!
    Never thinked about this! I ever wonder a way to have him around in a more "permanent" way...
    But I'm afraid that he will get out of the party when try to enter the basement of the temple...
    The thing of rest, well... Just stay resting at the spider tower at the moathouse! If ya have Lareth along with ya, probably yare a "bandit", right? An this is the way the bad guys live - in a fantasy world, of course!

4. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I want to try it but I dont know if I will have time. I am uber busy lately and my computer has crashed. I am just thinking of future adventures.

5. Avatar_do_Grafite

Well, I was thinking about a NE party to run, so, I will try, and so Ill let ya know how the things goes!

6. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Theortically you could have Lareth in your party when you kill the spiders in Delko Grove and meet the drow that wants you to deliver a message to Lareth.

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Even more interesting, you could join with Lareth in the moathouse, take his items, take him to town (make him dissapear), sell his items to the traders, go to the tower (assuming you know about it allready), save Lareth, and eventually you could end up fighting the assassin that was sent to revenge Lareth with Lareth in the party. Oh irony.

And Wizgeorge, the one time I selected "not if we kill them first" he still left. Apparently he did not trust in my killing abiltiies.

8. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Never seen nothing like you discribe. I don't do evil very often so maybe there are different versions of Lareth. I'm not up to date on the evil deeds obviously. I changed his dlg file once to keep him in the game and that worked. I got Smigmal Redhand in the party, but the game ctded and I gave up on it.

9. Avatar_do_Grafite

Well, my plan is almost like this, but I'll go to the tower, then sell the Lareth's things and so, yet on the town, take him from the tower and go to Nulb - luckly I'll be atacked in the middle of the way by the assassin, and so I change my way for the Temple or everywhere....

10. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I wonder if the dlg file only triggers when he enters dungeon level 1. Perhaps he won't leave if you tell the sentry that Wat sent you and you go directly to level 2.

I was wondering about his maties at the moathouse. B&R say they sent the paddy wagon to clear the moathouse, but Seleucas & Co. are alive and well. I suppose they could/should be triggered not to spawn under that condition.

11. Avatar_do_Grafite

Sorry, Basil, but I just dont get this one... Seleucas? Who...?

12. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

is "Seleucas" the Lieutenant in the Moathouse? :confused:
    i know Lareth will mention him if you talk to him by Sneaking(Invisible) into his quarters or "i have a gift...(on my backpack)" dialogue thing with the guard guarding the entrance...

13. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Is someone saying that Lareth leaves the party if you enter dungeon level 1?

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

It would be weird if Troika didn't make Lareth's death a requirement for the assassin encounter.

15. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

But they assumed you would not sell be able to sell his equipment if he was alive.

You cant take Lareth to Verbonoc can you? It would be funny to have a cleric of Lloth fighting drow and spiders.

Our Host!