Lamia Charm

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Mouldyrye, Feb 1, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mouldyrye

Mouldyrye Member

I looked for an answer to this problem with the search and didn't find an easy answer. I'm playing 7.5NC. My lamia charmed 2 temple bugbears and they won't go away. They are no longer charmed according to the tooltip. They have no portrait, and follow me on every map change as corpses if I, or anyone else, kill them. If they are alive, I'm sometimes forced into combat in friendly places. According to one post, the lamia charm behavior was supposed to be removed in a mod by Livonia. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with 7.5NC. Is there any way to get rid of these companions?

2. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

I remember having issues with Lamia figurine Charm as well... currently I no longer use the item.

3. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Try the disintegrate spell. Maybe that will work. I havent experienced it, so I am not sure though.

4. Doggy the Goblin

Doggy the Goblin Member

Yes the lamia figure would lead to such effect in my game too

Haven't tried the lamia in TD level 3.

I think when the summon ends, the mechanism of charm monster leads to some "misunderstanding"

Example:

My lamia figure charmed three goblins during the bog fight. Two of them died before the summon ends. One died after my lamia disappeared, which led to the current effect that only one corpse travels with me.

And those living ones will not attack my enemy since their "friend" lamia was not there.

---Edit---

If you use lamia figure to charm someone, and after the summon ends, you kill him with friendly fire within the same map, you still get the loot, the xp, and the corpse will not travel with you.

After the summon ends, if you bring the creature to another map, the charm effect never goes away. You can kill the charmed monster, and even get xp from it, but you cannot loot, and the corpse perform as a dead party member without portrait.

I use lamia figure to charm the fiendish minataur. He behave as a true friend - Every encounter below lv6 turns into a cowboy ride.

With the minataur in team, you always engaged into battle once get into the sight of civilized citizens (including the Temple clerics). However, you can friendly fire him into unconscious, then everyone just ignored him. You can even get an 8-hour rest as long as you hit him below -7 - he has 6 HD, so a rest will give him 6 HP healing, i.e. still unconscious when you wake up. Bring him out of the hotel and heal him for future fight.

The church at Hommlet is an exception. Because of the indoor structure, NPCs can not see the monster when your team is at entrance & exit.

I actually ask the cleric to heal the minataur...

Finally, if you are tired, bring the unconscious monster to Druid Jaroo. Ask him to deal with spell permanency bug. When it is raised from dead, everyone engage in battle. Stand close to the exit and choose flee.

Hope it helps.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
Our Host!