Kytons

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Moosehead, Oct 28, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

like i mentioned in the masterwork chain thread, i'm adding chain devils to the game, and one kyton master.

i've taken the stats from monster manual 3.5, and sort of added a "of legend" template to the master (yes I know you're not supposed to add "monster of legend" templates to an outsider, but backstory is really neat, and the "legend" template fit the bill the best. or at least i think so)
    I've also had to modify the stats to suit what's possible to do (to the best of my knowledge), and substituted some skills.

here's the stats for kytons:
    Kyton

Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
    Hit dice: 8d8+16
    initiative: +6
    spd: 30 ft
    AC: 20 (+2 Dex, +8 natural) touch 12, flatfooted 18
    base attack/grapple: +8/+10
    Attack: Chain +10 melee (2d4+2/19-20) (spiked chain +2)
    Full attack: 2 chain +10 melee (2d4+2/19-20) (spiked chain +2)
    Special attacks: Dancing chains, unnerving gaze
    Special qualities: DR 5/silver, DR 5/good, darkvision 60, cold immunity, regeneration 2, spell resist 18
    saves: fort +8, ref +8, will +6
    abilities: str 15, dex 15, con 15, int 6, wis 10, cha 12
    skills: concentration +13, use magic device +17, intimidate +12, listen +13, spot +13
    feats: Exotic weapon prof (spiked chain), Alertness, Improved Critical (chain), Improved initiative
    CR: 6
    treasure: standard
    alignment: LE

Dancing chains: summon 4 chain weapon entities, like "spiritual weapon" spell? same melee skills as parent kyton
    Unnerving gaze: 1 target. -2 to attack for 1d3 rounds. DC 15 (CHA). Range 30 ft.
    Regeneration: Normal damage from silver and good. Regen 2.

Kyton boss
    Medium Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
    9th level Kyton/5th level cleric of Iuz
    Hit dice: 16d8+112
    initiative: +6
    spd: 30 ft
    AC: +13 natural
    base attack/grapple: +12/+14
    Attack: Chain +16 melee (2d4+4/19-20) (spiked chain +4)
    Full attack: 2 chain +16 melee (2d4+4/19-20) (spiked chain +4)
    Special attacks: Dancing chains, unnerving gaze, spells
    Special qualities: DR 5/silver, DR 5/good, darkvision 60, cold immunity, regeneration 7, spell resist 32
    saves: fort +11, ref +11, will +9
    abilities: str 25, dex 21, con 25, int 14, wis 16, cha 22
    skills: concentration +17, use magic device +13, intimidate +12, listen +13, spot +13, spellcraft +13
    feats: Exotic weapon prof (spiked chain), Alertness, Improved Critical (chain), Improved initiative, multi attack (not sure how to translate this feat to ToEE)
    CR: 16
    treasure: special
    alignment: LE

Dancing chains: summon 4 chain weapon entities, like "spiritual weapon" spell? same melee skills as parent kyton
    Unnerving gaze: 1 target. -2 to attack for 1d3 rounds. DC 24 (CHA). Range 30 ft.
    Regeneration: Normal damage from silver and good. Regen 7.

spells: cleric spells, Iuz domain spells + strength domain. He should cast enlarge person on himself and boost himself with protection spells first, then attack, and/or direct offensive spells at the party.
    [EDIT] Just re-realised that enlarge person is bugged, so he has no use for it as it is.

I haven't had a chance to test them in the game yet, but looking at the stats, what do you guys think?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  2. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Nerik casts 'Raise Thread'...

Did you ever get this working? I've included Chain Devils (Kytons) in my summonable creatures mod, but I haven't yet done any graphics for them (or a stratergy.tab entry or their 'spells' either).

My plan was graphically to use the normal human mesh, and equip them with armor, helm, boots & gloves made from chains (using the hide armor mesh with a 'dangling chain' mesh, and the great helm mesh with a 'cage of chains' mesh).

Charles

Our Host!