kotb release date

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by foil, Jan 28, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The patch is given at the bottom of the Keep on the Borderlands Demo Released! thread, in big red letters. Yes, it should be on ModDB as well - I'll get onto that tomorrow :)

2. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

it only took me 45 seconds or so to download!!!! heaven bless cable modems:nosebleed

3. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

do i just extract the patch files to my root folder as i did the kotb demo,and then overrite????

4. foil

foil Member

Good work Co8. Its impressive the dedication you all have had developing this over the years. It rivals most of the modding that was done for BG in the amount of time you have all spent on this.

I look forward to getting it going in the next couple weeks. Since many of us are curious, it would be nice of you all to keep us updated on the number of downloads you are getting.

It would also be nice to have a locked sticky with specific instructions on getting the basic patches installed for the most stable version of ToEE and then the KotB mod installed.

I know at least one person from the NWN2 forums who went out and brought the game on news of your work, and it would be in everybodies best interest if they had as smooth a conversion as possible. They are probably already frustrated by the confusion of the NWN2 and MotB patching issues.

Oh, and can I get an apple pie with that. ;)

A little of this is foggy, but a couple issues I remember from the last time I installed ToEE with the patches:
    -If the third patch was installed, that had to be removed somehow by repatching with patch 2?
    -Direct to drive would not work with Co8 stuff (I think it was this game anyway)

So, at the time, install order was:
    1)Install patch-2
    2)Install Co8 "ToEE_Fan_Fixes_V3-0-4.zip"
    3)Install Co8 "temple.dll" - (contained in the temple.zip file)

Now I remember using the front end, but the above files don't seem to describe the front end so I can't remember if I installed it at a later date. What I have above was my instructions that I had saved on a CD along with patches and Co8 content.

So thanks again for generously providing your work to the gamers out there. Hopefully Atari will take notice and take up the torch to further develop and upgrade this engine as they, arguably, did for the NWN engine.

5. Fernando

Fernando Established Member

YAY

Kudos you all, downloaded with no problems from FileFront. HK, if you're still having problems with the download, PM me to see if I can be of any help.

6. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Currently it's:
    1) Install ToEE.
    2) Install patch 2 (some people find they need to install patch 1 first)
    3) Install Co8 5.0
    4) (Optional) Install CMF 5.0.5 (these fixes are considered beta, though I find the game runs a whole lot better with them than without them.)

I'm not sure if the latest fixes let you run the game without using the front end or not. If you can't, you'll need to install Microsoft .Net 2.0 to run the front end.

However, for KotB, you don't need to install the Co8 fixes at all. All the files you need are part of the mod pack, so just start with ToEE patched with patch 2 and follow the instructions from the mod.

7. Shiningted

Yes.

The next patch (out today or tomorrow) will come with install instructions ;) Sorry bout that :wave:

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The ToEEFE in the latest CMF is NOT essential to play the mod, the game can be used using the original startup method for ToEE using the NON-ToEEFE version of the 5.0.0 modpack.

It was included with 5.0.5 because the version included in 5.0.0 is outdated, and our fault-finding/eliminating techniques were failing due to the (wrongful) assumption that the new TOEEFE was being used by all players.

9. foil

foil Member

Good stuff. Thanks Kalshane. So installing KotB would replace steps 3 & 4 above?

From what Ted said before, I beleive that KotB includes the front end and .net 2.0 is required. I beleive at some point I actually installed .net 2.1 and .net 3.0. Although I can't find them in my uninstall list. Maybe I dreamed it. Hope this doesn't break things.

10. MB

MB Member

Hey guys - When I extracted the KOTB demo to the TOEE root directory it did not create a separate kotb.data folder. Did I screw something up? When I created a character, the only portraits available were the basic ones from the original toee.

Thanks for your help.

MB

11. Shiningted

Sounds like you have since played the game, so yeah, it works ;) Once you are playing it, it becomes the default 'data' folder and vanilla ToEE renames itself data.ToEE, so no, you didn't screw up. If you go back and play something else, like Co8 5.0.x, that'll become trhe default data folder and then you'll see the data.KotB folder.

As for the portraits:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  12. St.Cuthbert1176

St.Cuthbert1176 Member

when is the full version of kotb going to be out?i have been out of pocket for a while running my new ebay store so i dont know what is going on . can someone fill me in?

13. Shiningted

Sure. There is a definitive patch (final patch of the Demo, that should take care of all the important stuff) due out - well, when I finish it. Its been 'imminent' since about April but I am having trouble finding time to work on it, since I took on a second job to pay the new mortgage we acquired in - well, April ;) Only 30 years and I can afford to die. :mrhappy:

That being said, the full version is slowly progressing as well as the patch. No idea when, but the Caves of Chaos simply involves placing monsters and maybe 1 quest per Cave - infinitely easier and quicker to do than dozens of npcs in the Keep all with their own back story, portrait, plot hooks etc. So hopefully a lot less time than the Demo.

Our Host!