KotB 1.0.1 Bug List

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 16, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I thought the secret passage issue was fixed in the current release, are you sure you have a high enough search? You need 10 ranks in Search (DC 30).

Otherwise all your issues seem to be inventory-related: can I be saucy and ask if maybe your party leader has a full inventory? That would explain pretty much everything.

2. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

After a bit of exploring in the main map, I did manage to find the main entrance. Very nice way to get there, BTW. A bit OT here, but can I use nonlethal damage to subdue Hegumen to strip his items and then leave the Shrine to go wipe out the Keep, or generally go adventuring with the treasure gained from the Shrine?

I did collect all the brands, and I have 8 ranks for search, with a +2 modifier. I can certainly get into the secret passage, and I can find the secret door next to the dead elf, but that's it. My guys are stuck in there.

So you are thinking that if I level up and add a few more to search, then it should work OK? I guess it won't hurt to try that to see.

Should there be a door back into the Gnoll cave? Or is it a one way passage?

In regards to the missing rewards, I reloaded a few games to check and for both the lizards and the hermit my party leader had plenty of room in his pack before initializing the dialog.

3. Shiningted

The DCs are done by map, so both ends should be the same (ie find on, fins the other). I'll double-check the latest version and get back to you.
    Apparently? ;) I have to fix that... but in the coming release (slowly motoring along) the Hegumen fight is not the end of the game for the LE or LG alignments.

4. FDR4PREZ

Hmm, I tend to play a NG alignment, but playing a LG or LE will be a nice twist for me.

Please let me know if you need any of my saved games for anything listed in my post.

5. Shiningted

Wil do, thanks. I'll test those scenarios tonight and let you know.

6. FDR4PREZ

My wizard cast Mass Enlarge on four of my characters and when the spell expired they never reduced back down.

And I've rested for many days and traveled across the map to many locations.

I don't know if they are still gaining the effects of being large, or if simply the character images didn't revert back. Is there a way to confirm this?

For kicks I cast enlarge on these guys again and now they truly become large; huge is more like it.

I am curious how large I can go...

7. Shiningted

Go all the way, I say. But that spell's a WIP - I made it thinking it would be a cinch using the Enlarge fix but I didn't fully understand how that was done at the time and set it aside for later tinkering in the happy knowledge no-one in KotB would ever be casting 4th-level spells :p Must fix that, I guess.

Re the Gnolls and their secret entrance: can you try this fix and see if it works? It should work with a save. Put the file in your data/scr folder, overwriting the current one.

Attached Files:

8. FDR4PREZ

unfortunately the fix was a big negatory...

The door near the dead elf is still not accessible.

When I search for the door to return to the gnoll cave, yes, that now appears, but it doesn't work correctly.

When I attempt to use the door leading back to the gnoll caves my guys are magically appearing near the dead elf, and 3 of them are stuck in the wall.

The attached pictures show process.

Attached Files:

9. Shiningted

Ok, thanks for testing that, I'll keep trying...

10. FDR4PREZ

There is a small combat issue in Church <spoilers be below to all those that don't want to know> Combat only starts in church if I start it - ha ha!!! :evil_laug

If you use Maeri's vial on the wrong shine, it could make for a very bad church service, but combat is not initiated. The Church NPCs and the surprise visitor are all in combat mode (red circles), but my group is not in combat mode and combat is not started unless I attack first thereafter.

After doing the deed, I can leave the building, and I can still start up a conversation with the Curate, as normal, while he is red circled.

I'd think that this act should auto-trigger combat for all parties, and it is a little odd to be able to request healing while he should be in no mood to provide healing.

And Brother Fist down there continues to pace away without a care in the world... :headfones

11. Shiningted

Well, glad you found that little easter egg, but no idea why combat doesn't start if everyone turns red. Stupid game :no:

Brother Fist is meditating very deeply, for the record.

12. FDR4PREZ

Have these been discussed before?

The gypsy gave be a blank NG alignment quest, and she allowed me to go into a test dialog thing and she joined me up with the thieves guild automatically, and that's after I told them to piss off.

13. Shiningted

The Gnoll cave ones have, yes, but I thought they were fixed and need to know if otherwise.

The gypsy is a bit redundant for the moent but she shouldn't be actively buggy (or still doing the testing thing). I have not been at my modding PC to test this stuff but I haven't forgotten ;)

14. FDR4PREZ

Sorry, Ted, I know the gnolls cave issue have been discussed. My beginning question on last post was more for asking if the issues with the gypsy lady have previously been discussed.

Overall, it seems that none of the reported issues are really show stoppers except for maybe the missing apothecary, since I can't move forward on tasks related to him.

I think I've seen all the reported issues in my games and I'm still having a blast with it all.

Since my party is NG, is there anything to do for the blank NG alignment quest that I got?

I've finished the game and now my party is just going from location to location to see if there anything interesting to find, or do. That easter egg is too big for me to bite off, and I don't want to become an enemy of the keep until I play an evil party.

What are the two bright green dots on the map for the lizardman resting area?

15. Shiningted

Ok, sorry I took so long getting back to you, hectic few days.

Firstly, I tested the gnoll thing in my version of the current game (1.0.1), and the gypsy issues. none of them are in my version, so I suspect you need to upgrade to the latest version (grab the patch from the banner at the top of the page).

Second, no, there is no actual alignment quest for NG (or LN or NE). The current game has no alignment quests, just all the regular game - turn up at Borderlands, find quests, investigate Caves of Chaos etc. The next release will have the first alignment quests (LG and LE).

Glad you're having fun anyway :) I haven't had a chance to check the 'green dots' at the Lizardman refuge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!