Killer Lazlo

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blackwind, Apr 23, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. blackwind

blackwind Established Member

This run through I insulted Lazlo trying to get the insult rep(I've never done it before) and after I insult him he attacks. Has this happend to anyone else?

The only thing I think of is that I have several "negative" reps and no "positive" reps and it just drove him to attack me.

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I've gotten Master of the Crude Insult a couple of times - the first with a CG party when I wasn't even trying to, lol. I'm pretty sure in that game I ran Lazlo down without getting attacked. Outside of insulting everyone, I was playing the game for positive rep, so you're probably right about your rep score just getting too low.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Reactions for ny given NPC default to 50: then doing this or that makes them go up or down, and below 0 they attack. For example:

- becoming a Knight of Furyondy: +40
    - getting the Butcher of Hommlet rep: -89

So yeah, Knights of Furyondy CAN go around murdering the serfs and they just suck it up (but hate you for it).

Back to Laszlo: some reactions are + or - this or that (for instance, selling Jay his wife's ring give you +15, just giving it to him gives you +30) while others specifically set the reaction at a high or low number (so a female NPC flirting with Monier will see Sunom's reaction to you set at 20, down from 50).

Soooo, for Laszlo, either:

- your insults caused him to set a low reaction (say, 20), and your reputations (say, -10 and -10 and -10) then stacked to take it below 0

or

- you already had a low reaction (due to the aforementioned reputations) and you got a negative reaction from Laszlo (say, -30) which stacked to go below 0

Either way, he really hates you :wave:

4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

So, if 0- is KOS, is 100+ anything special?

5. blackwind

blackwind Established Member

In other words since I have both the Beggar Maker and the Tutle... something or another(the rep for being unsympathetic to Erliter, Cavanagh and Otello) plus insulting Lazlo just drove him over the edge. So, I was correct in my assumptions and all I really accomplished was making an ass of myself.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
Our Host!