Keybinding character selections and waking sleepers

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Barles, Mar 21, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Barles

Barles Member

I have a keybinding for "select all" but it's in an inconvenient place and I'd like to rebind it. The problem is I can't recall how I did it or where I found the information in the first place.

Also, how do you wake up characters that are under a sleep spell without hurting them?

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

To map a key hold down the control button while activating the action.

You can choose "non-lethal" in the radial dial under attack to wake up you sleepy companions.

3. Barles

Barles Member

Thanks for the help.

What Ctrl+key lets me do is assign an option from the radial menu to a key. What I'm looking for is to assign a selection of party members to a key, which I can't seem to do from the radial menu. I know there's a way to do it because I have a selection containing all 6 of my party members bound to F1 and I remember binding it, but I don't remember how.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I've never done that, but it sounds useful.

When you figure it out please post and let the rest of us know how to do it. :)

5. Barles

Barles Member

Ok, I figured it out. It only seems to work with the function keys (sucks for me). Just select the characters you need selected, and hit Ctrl+Fn# key. I think I learned that from the tutorial in one of the tips that kept popping up but for some reason I don't have access to the tutorial anymore with NC 7.7

Our Host!