just some questions....

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by impe, Jun 22, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. impe

impe Member

i have been playing toee for some time now and i have to say that despite all the bugs i really enjoyed it but i have some questions....

1. what other mods are compatible for co8 3.03?? could i also apply the brothel fix with co8 mod and other mods in the download section of co8???

2.are there any books in toee...because as of now i haven't been seeing any of them.... what i mean in books is that like the ones in icewind dale 2 in which there are lores in those books and maybe some hints about treasures...

3. is there any way that i could see some extended definitions of the weapons here like in icewind dale 2???like for the magical ones.. it tells me who used to wield it and what its history is.... also the additional benefits like +1 to attack or something like that becausei have a masterwork dagger and it is written in the manual the there should be a bonus to all masterwork items but when i look at the description of my masterwork dagger i cant see any difference from it to my ordinary dagger...

4.also i am having difficulty in identifying magic potions and scroll... i have to use read magic to know what they are.... is there any abilities that i could use to identify them without using money??? like the lore skill in icewind dale 2....

well this is it for now if i have some other questions i will just add it to this post....hope someone could help me......

2. miserychick

miserychick Member

Could be wrong, but I thought the Brothel Fix came with 3.0.3. But if it doesnt, than it should be compatible. It is on my game anyway.

There are a couple of books. Lareth and most of the Lesser Temple high priests have journals, but nothing fancy. I've never played IWD2.

Item description isnt too in-depth. The only items that get descriptions are the ones like Cloak Of Elvenkind, Boots Of Speed, or Scather. Basic magic weapons (Like a +1 sword) are pretty self-explanitory. They just give a +1 to attack and damage rolls. All the weapon enhancement bonuses should show up when you click the number next to your Primary of Off hands.

Read Magic doesnt cost money, only Identify does. And Use Magic Device: Decipher Script can read scrolls.

3. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

read magic is a cantrip, and costs NO MONEY. that is why it was made to identify potions aswell as scrolls... in ToEE you can use a UMD (use magic device) skill check to identify a scroll (very hard roll though) without a spell. in the original Dnd you used SPELLCRAFT to identify scrolls, and a harder roll for potions. You could also easily identify potions you already own! that is why the read magic was made to also identify potions, because in ToEE you cannot identify them like that (ooh a potion of healing, i have a hundred of those, yea its obviously that no need for magic identification).

The spell that costs money is identify, it identifies magical items, everyone uses it wrong though and make it identify all the properties, in actuallity its supposed to only identify one property per use and if there is more then one property inform you there are more unkown ones... (so a flaming sword of +3 with shocking burst has 3 properties, +3, flaming, shocking burst). It uses material compoenents of a peral that is worth 100GP... which if you are crafty you could buy for less in regular dnd or you could actually go and hire some kids in a coastal community to find for you.... For some obscure reason EVERY merchant in games based on dnd can cast it, and only charge you 100 for identifying any item compltely (so they loose money on multi property items and give it at cost on regular ones), and can cast it an infinate amount of times per day.. silly i know...

I also thought the brothel fix comes with v3.0.3.. heck it comes with version 2.0.0 doesnt it?

journals are found in many places... i had a bunch of them when i finished the game on the first run...

And item description is abysmal in the game, most have none, and the so called self explanatory ones are often labeled wrong, if you have a character that can craft, you can use him to "craft" that item, as long as you dont add any new enchantment it wouldnt cost you, and when you do so you can see al the enchantment he or she can cast (note that you dont see others, so if something is holy, a wizard will not see that attribute listed, even though it will be there), you can also freely rename items using the craft arms and armour feat... and it doesnt cost any money either (or maybe you can only rename if you change the item, ie enchant it further...)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  4. impe

impe Member

what about the other patches or fixes that can be downloaded at co8 download page??? is it all in the co8 3.0.3?? also is it true that you cant summon a familiar and it just gives you a boost on your skills????

also do you guys know of a good guide for toee... i dont want a walktrhough just a guide like a character guide and some strategies......

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Our Host!