Jpgs of TOEE maps

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Lev Bronstein, Jan 11, 2023.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lev Bronstein

Lev Bronstein Member

Hello,

I was hoping someone might have a shortcut that I could use to access the maps used in the game in a jpg/png format for use in a VTT for a 5e campaign.

I tried playing around with the TOEE WorldEd and the WorldBuilder, but, to be frank, I have neither aptitude nor the time to learn the mod tools. I could rebuild the maps in Photoshop using the tiles on the TOEE/art/ground folders, but it is an extremely tedious and time-consuming process (which I learned after after doing this with the Fire node).

Also, when I started to rebuild Hommlet this way (which is an even more tedious and time-consuming process than the node), I realised (mostly by the presence of shadows without objects) that the tiles don't have trees and that the river is dry.

Any help would be appreciated, and if someone has .jpg's handy, that would be grand.

Many thanks,
    LB

2. Mellonril

Mellonril Member

Trees, water meshes and other assets are 3d meshes and not part of the background 2d maps.
    You can recombine maps from the game using ToEE World Builder (2dmaps).
    upload_2023-1-12_11-14-51.png
    To unpack Toee.dat modules you can use TioTools or ToEEExtract, i think both available in this forum.

3. Lev Bronstein

Lev Bronstein Member

Heya,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've installed that, all the patches, the extractors, MS NET framework, Microsoft Visual, extracted and/or added the files to the correct folders, etc.

Each time i load it, though, i get the following error message:

upload_2023-1-12_14-16-31.png

It lets me continue, and when I try to recombine files, I get this message:

upload_2023-1-12_14-16-15.png

Hitting continue doesn't result in any recombining for either the area or minimap, so I'm somewhat at a loss of what to do.

LB

4. Mellonril

Mellonril Member

Maybe it's because you have installed ToEE inside Program Files, try to install it to a different path.
    I usually avoid windows system paths for these softwares, also set the exe to run as administrator.

I am not sure that the solution above will work :) sorry

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
  5. Lev Bronstein

Lev Bronstein Member

Hi again,

Finally got some time to reinstall things, and it looks like its working. Many thanks. Someone said it in another thread (which I found after posting this), but I'll say it again: people here are very patient and extremely helpful.

Cheers,
    LB

Our Host!