Java for GoG Mac version

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ShadowcatX, Jul 25, 2018.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. ShadowcatX

ShadowcatX Member

I have the GoG version of Temple for Mac and would like to install the mod, but I keep having difficulties because of the lack of Java.

I have Jre 8.1 downloaded and in the c folder but my version of windows is too old for that. I've got JRE-7 next to it, but for some reason when I try and launch it I am unable to execute file in the temporary directory, with error 5, access denied.

So can some kind soul tell me what I'm doing wrong or what version of Java would work and where such a version might be found (preferably without having to sign up for oracle's site).

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've never used a Mac in my life, and have no clue how to make Java play nice with it. I do however know that for the purposes of installing this mod, java is only required to make the frontend work, and I know how to make The Co8 mod for ToEE work without the frontend - because it's what we did before there even was a frontend.

After installing the modpack you should have a new folder in your ToEE root directory that contains the name of the mod you installed, inside is a file with the file extention .tfm - change the file extention to .zip and use an archive extractor like winzip/winrar/7zip etc... to extract the contents.

There should be a file inside called "temple.dll", folders named "data" and "modules", and a few others which are far less important. Copy all the files extracted from the archive and paste them to your root directory.

YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW GAME.

Continuing a saved game from before installing the mod will make horrible things happen.

3. ShadowcatX

ShadowcatX Member

I am beginning to think that because I am using wine to attempt to install inside of an application which wine is a part of, the install isn't working at all. I have ran through the install a couple of times but when I go to the folder where I installed the patch, nothing is there.

Our Host!