IWDTOEETC Progress?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Endarire, Jul 1, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

By not charging for our mods, the worst we may conceivably be served with is a Cease and Desist Order, since that hasn't happened in the last 16 years of ToEE modding, I'm going to count myself lucky, while also not pushing my luck.

FDR4PREZ likes this.
  2. Loial

Loial Member

This thread is a nice example of maturity, ethics, and wisdom. I don't have any of these qualities so I'm leaving now.

3. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Congratulations:). Does that mean you could actually begin with the "childs play";)?

4. Allyx

It does, I have, I was working on the sectoring of Kuldahar's main map before work, also sectoring and clipping one of the indoor townspeople houses there already, and noticed that the night map for the Vale of Shadows needs resplitting due to some graphical glitch in the splitting process.

The work that I need to do on the mod, it is easy, time consuming, but easy. The hard bits will be making new creature models for monsters that aren't in ToEE, because I have no experience with 3d modelling at all.

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Very nice!

I should get back to work on the blender plugin so new monster animations will be possible...

Allyx likes this.
  6. Allyx

This is much needed... otherwise I'll never have a Marilith demon for chapter 3. Marilith

7. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

8. Endarire

What's progress on this mod?

9. Allyx

[rant/]@Endarire I'm struggling at this point to not completely lose my patience with you and tell you about yourself and these periodic prods of yours.

I have a full time job, I'm not a professional programmer, I do this as one of about a dozen different hobbies at this point, and it's not high on my priority list currently.

This last week, I have reinstalled Windows 10, and formatted both of my hard drives. I still have my IWD mod files installed, and will get to modding as time and the inclination to do so coincide.

You have been a member of this community long enough to have learned a few things about modding, yet you have not provided anything but a few voice samples recorded on sub-optimal equipment.

I'll get to it when I can.

[/rant]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    anatoliy, Crusism and Shiningted like this.
  10. Endarire

@Allyx Thank you for your many contributions to our community. I apologize for bothering you. I asked since you mentioned good news regarding your temple.DLL bug fix a few weeks ago and was curious what other good news you had for us at present.

11. Allyx

It's working a little better, in that it kind of works now. There is still something bugged in the Temple.dll, I'm hoping to work around it by using only the game.areas that work - currently multiple areas are using the various Temple of Elemental Evil worldmap locations, I believe this is the source of my error, but I have yet to work out how to fix it.

I will need either @Shiningted or @Sitra Achara to shed some light on what I need to do to change the .dll to make it work how I want it to, or spend painstaking hours converting hexadecimal digits to decimal digits until I figure out what needs changing.

@Endarire I apologise if my words earlier were too harsh, it was a pretty rough night at work, I wasn't in the best of moods already, and directed my frustration where I shouldn't have.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  12. Endarire

@Allyx Worry not. I suspected as such. I want the best for this mod and for you. Just breathe and let's move on.

Our Host!