It comes out tomorrow

Discussion in 'Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines' started by Mortimer, Nov 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Mortimer

Mortimer Member

why are there no theads here? The game seems to have the biggest following of any troika game, will probally sale a lot of copies to action fans. Though that scares me some since it is not a real RPG, it should be a good one :)

anyone else here waiting? would think someone would have been here lately :p

2. MurghBpurn

MurghBpurn Member

This is very much an RPG, in what way do you think it's not?

3. parasiticj

parasiticj Member

Bugs

Not excited cause i want to see if its too buggy like troika's other games....

4. Mortimer

Mortimer Member

it is a shooter, shooters irk me, saying a shooter hybrid is an RPG without any fear or reservation would be like calling diablo a RPG. I have not played vampire, so I really can not be certain. If it was not for it being a troika game I probally would not even think about buying it without a demo, or some great reviews.

I think the only RPG I would not fear would be any turn based, with good dialog quest solving options, and no multiplayer...though vampire has 2 out of 3 turn based is always a biggy

5. MurghBpurn

MurghBpurn Member

9 attributes, 12 abilities, 13 feats, 11 disciplines, multi response to questions including, persuasion, intimidate, seduction and domination. Multiple quests, experience points, 3 types of damage, attacks dependant on your type of movment (done better than morrowind), the list goes on. If you're so narrow minded to belive it's a shooter because it uses the source engine and is realtime, more fool you.

6. Mortimer

Mortimer Member

well I did not mean to imply i did not have high hopes, nor that I will not buy it asap. I am just conserned about a few things. I will give it the chance it deserves and do really hope it is great.

as for comparing it to morrowind, to me morrowind was little more than wandering aimlessly though vast areas hopeing you were really going where you need to. too much focus was on combat, and there was no dialog what's so ever, that was the worst part. you pick a word and and get some responce, you could get speechcraft but it did not do a lot to add to the game experiance, it was just there to make people like you to give you better prices.

hopefully I can tell you what I think of it in a about 12 hours :)

Our Host!