Issue with monk!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by alessio92, Apr 9, 2023.

Remove all ads!
  1. alessio92

alessio92 Member

Hi guys, sorry for another thread in which i ask your help!
    I have built a character like Cleric 7/ Monk X for divine power +flurry of blows+ dual wielding daos!

so i reached finally (what an effort) the level 8, and i selected the monk class but i have some problems with that.

1) The game hasn't given me the bonus feat for 1 level of monk
    2) the game doesn't reckognize the dao, so it's red bordered and it says i'm not proficent with that.

anyone did experience the same?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  2. OccasionallyGood

OccasionallyGood Member

1) Monk's bonus feat at lvl1 is "Stunning Fist" which is added automatically.
    2) Dao is an exotic weapon, so you need Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Butterfly Sword).

Buffed Rabbit likes this.
  3. hammyh

hammyh Established Member

I don't think dao will qualify for flurry in the main hand. I think ToEE only adds an additional attack unless you have the TWF feats and you'll still have the flurry AB penalty in the offhand until the appropriate monk levels.

Most of ToEE is based off 3.5 and as such some weapons additions might not work.

Best ToEE monk flurry weapon is a crafted Rake (imho) for damage and type.

However, you can test it out and write it so that players that search can find this in the forum info.

4. alessio92

alessio92 Member

Thanks everyone for answer!

So, first of all ARGH I DIDN'T CONSIDER THE EXOTIC WEAPON PROFICIENCY. Is there any way to change a feat through console?

I cleary have twf feats! of course i will test it, but i think it should work: in the game, clicking of flurry feature it clearly states dao qualify for the feature.
    I will certainly test it, but i think i need to change a feat for EWP before ahah.

5. zertzax

zertzax Member

If you have temple+ installed and activated I believe you can add the feat easily. If not you might need to recreate your cleric/monk and console the needed experience to get needed feats.

August likes this.
  6. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

I have a similar situation. I spaced on a warmage and gave it craft wondrous items which I can't make like anything since warfare spell list. I am used to a wizard.

I am hoping to swap that feat for something else.

How is this accomplished without remaking the character.

7. zertzax

zertzax Member

Unfortunately I have not played with temple plus but it may allow you, using the dm cheats, to swap feats.

8. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

I did some research and it didn't seem possible at least from. What I could tell.

I had to create a new character. Then leave my old one in the inn. Kill the old one. Recruit the new one.

Leave everyone else at the inn for a moment to re level the new character up and then have the band join.

Was a pain but doable.

9. zertzax

zertzax Member

Yeah that sounds like a temporary pain but in the long run you can accomplish much more.

10. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

You may be able to use Temple+ to give an extra feat from the oopsie.

11. OLLY613

OLLY613 Member

I was looking but didn't see anywhere to do that. From the research I did on this forum it didn't seem possible.

12. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

This guide has console commands. I somehow recalled it also having feat granting commands. I haven't checked recently.

zertzax likes this.
Our Host!