Isn't the hand axe "Cleaver" too powerful???

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by webusver, Oct 23, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Spike and The Captain have it right, George. You're not out of order and you should feel free to post whatever you like about the topic.

btw, for all you Fruella haters out there, you have to admit that her character sprite is just as stacked and shapely as all the other females in the game. Heaving busom, 22 inch waist, not a trace of cellulite . . . what's not to love? Plus, even console-free, she's tougher than Rufus, Raimol, Tuperello, etc., etc. :mrhappy:

Go Fruella! :notworthy

2. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

I don't think anyone has said Fruella is a bad NPC from a stats POV. She's one of the three best fighters available before you hit the temple.

Heck, with the console you can make any NPC into an invincible killing machine.

Still, it should be possible to re-write Fruella in such a way as to keep her funny ("Only stupid people would worship here. Keep your eyes open for stupid people.") while still giving a better role playing reason to hook up with her.

Of course, "Screw role playing, I'm in it for the hack & slash" is a valid POV, and more so for ToEE.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  3. Pystal

Pystal Member

Awesome!

I knew most of that song, but you have filled in a few blanks for me. Thanks. Oh, one more thing... don't forget the end of the commercial: Log From Blammo!

4. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Thing is, if you're an adventurer looking to get married, a warhorse like Fruella might not seem like an unattractive partner--I mean, she's unpleasant and all, but she's got your back, and is as likely to rescue you as to need rescuing.

Different strokes. & with all those fireworks, who knows where else she can stand toe-to-toe with her husband? In combat, in words, . . . :hug:

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Originally Posted by wizgeorge

OK, i'm a sicko. I love Fruella...mostly naked and a virtual killing machine. I love her.

======

And we :hug: you...so play your game how you like & enjoy it. This was just a way of saying that you were giving us "TMI" (too much information) in an attempt at having some fun, here. No one was seriously saying otherwise.

6. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

In the pnp module there was no Fruella or cleaver, sort of. The spinister daughter of a reclusive farmer with cloth armor, sling and dagger. No stats, and 8hp. Where as Elmo has the same stats as the module, which are really good. Nobody claims Elmo is over-powered and shouldn't because is straight with the module as written. If ToEE were written closer to the module, then Fruella wouldn't be in the game. The whole npc scene is a disaster anyway. Look at the protos files, the abilities scores are pitiful. I took it upon myself to create useful recruitable npc that have respectable ablities. Fruella just happens to be my favorite "creation".

Our Host!