Irrelevant Tangents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Jul 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
?

What should this thread be called?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2010.
  1. Irrelevant Tangents

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. The Thread About Nothing

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Communication Breakdown

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Train Wrecks And Other Derailments

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Thread Runoff

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  6. Derail THIS!

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. Fool's Gold

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. In Passing

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Side Trips

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  10. Weird Scenes Inside The Co8 Mine

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

In regards to weed:

I smoked every day for the past three years and still went to work every day and paid all my bills on time. I usually (90 percent of the time) smoked before going to work which looking back is crazy... I was such a pothead that I was confident enough to smoke before going to wait tables at my job. I knew I was capable of functioning on every level when high.

It isn't physically addictive at all. I really enjoy the feeling of inhaling smoke and that's what I'm missing the most right now. Like someone said before, it was just my way of unwinding at the end of the day. It was like "the light at the end of the tunnel."

I don't miss getting high because the truth is that I really never got that high anyway anymore... I either needed to smoke alot of normal caliber weed or quite a bit of something better to even notice anything.

I didn't stop because of ethical or health concerns. I stopped to save money and also because weed does kill your motivation to progress in life. I also have been feeling really detached from my emotions and my relationships have suffered as a result. I didn't like that I was so dependent on a feeling I barely enjoy to get through every day. I just want to get back to enjoying my life for what it is and being happy without relying on a drug.

I used to disagree that weed is a gateway drug but the truth of the matter is that I would have never tried any of the other drugs I did if I never smoked. I can't really explain why but that's the truth.

Sorry that this post is so poorly written but my mind is all over the place since I quit. My brain has to relearn how to process thoughts sober lol.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

It will take a while to adjust to your new brain chemistry. The hardest part may be finding something to do with your mind now that it is no longer 30% gone.

Or maybe the hard part will be dealing with the friends you partied with. They aren't going to stop.

This is NOT going to be easy to maintain. I suggest you find something to do. Hook up with some non-pothead friends. Maybe an adult education photography class. You'll have plenty of cash now. :p

3. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

Well I live with my boyfriend (John)and his brother (Nick) and the both decided to quit too so it's alot easier for me than it could've been. I really don't have that many friends anymore anyways so not much of a loss there. I pretty much hang out with John and Nick so we all have eachother for support. Most of my friends that I've had since high school don't smoke and I've really drifted away from them so I'm looking forward to reestablishing something with them. My new friends that you see in alot of the pics on the cam-ho's thread are from my job and alot of them do smoke, but they don't compare to the level I was on. I was always sort of the weed coordinator lol. All the conditions are right for quitting right now so I jumped on it while I had the chance.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Voice of experience. :thumbsup:

Other boards have a reputation system (where you essentially 'like' a post or not by giving positive or negative rep) ... too bad we don't.

5. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

More like thank christ we don't! :D

6. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I think that would be a great idea.

7. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

ARRRGHH noooooooo!!!!
    You must listen to Necro the voice of reason on this.
    WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BUTTONS111

8. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I'd make a lot of dummy accounts, and make myself a HUGE rep.! :evilgrin:

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I think a rating system would take away some of the fun here on the General discussion. Though I am sure we could keep it all in fun and have some silly names for so many points for or against something said. :)

10. Necroticpus

Reputations on forums is a popularity contest. Do we really want to be that shallow? We are deep thinkers that need substance to our posts. We thrive on it. We would rather have in-depth discussions and dissertations related to current world events and whether or not the sexual tension between Terjon and Calmert is innocent or something more. Reputations are for Twitter, Facebook and Myspace.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  11. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

Although now that you mention it, Calmert is very protective of Terjon. Hmm....

12. Necroticpus

I broke my !@#$%^& big toe! I was outside grilling pork tenderloins and polish sausages when a goddamned skunk came from underneath my porch where I was cooking. Skunks love to find a good place to hibernate under everyone's porch up here, out of the cold. I was just pissed because I had just gotten rid of a family of skunks from underneath there about 2 years ago. Pest control charges $85 for the first one and $50 per skunk after the first one. Still being out of work, I didn't want to pay anything for them again, however many are under there again.

So, I vaulted the railing, wound up and took a big kick at it, a kick that I brought all the way back from Texas and my leg reached terminal velocity. I !@#$%^& missed the stupid skunk and drove my foot right into the porch post that holds up the overhanging roof. All I did was scare the hell out of him. First he started to run towards the house, saw that it was a dead end, turned around and bailed at high speed out of the yard and across the street. He was too scared to spray because he just almost got smeared badly.

I, however, quickly found that I couldn't bare weight on my foot. I knew immediately it was broke. I took 10 minutes to get into the house and call my brother to come get me and take me to urgent care. They diagnosed me as stupid and wrapped my now elephant foot in ace bandages and told me not to kick at anymore animals. I had broken my big toenail so I had all kinds of fun when they removed the rest of the broke part. The good news is that none of the pork tenderloins and polish sausages burned.

I've pretty much got a 6 week vacation from ambulating. Actually, they gave me crutches but I've never had a broke anything before and don't feel right operating crutches, so I'm limiting their use, just in case. The suck thing about it is that my kid starts 11th grade tomorrow and won't be around to wait on me hand and foot. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

After I'm healed, that skunk better start praying to whatever god he prays to. He just unleashed the !@#$%^& fury and this scene can only end one way, with him on the grill.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  13. maalri

maalri Immortal

ROFLMAO on this one, diagnosed as stupid! LOL!

But seriously, it's getting cold there already? Man, sometimes I am so glad I am in the South, even though I am not southern.

14. Necroticpus

It's getting cooler, ya. It's not cold yet but it gets down to about 35-40ish at night and in the morning, with a lot of wind and some rain lately. You wouldn't want to be outside when it's 40 and be wet with a lot of wind. That would be really miserable. I hope them skunks all catch cold.

Also, as an afterthought, doctors don't give pain meds for broken toes and fingers. Extra strength tylenol. Well, I doubt they would help a lot anyways. I can feel every throb like it was my heartbeat.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  15. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

OK class, so let's discuss what we learned today.

Is Necro smarter than a skunk?

MASSIVELY LOL'ing here. I needed that!

Our Host!