Irrelevant Tangents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Jul 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
?

What should this thread be called?

Poll closed Aug 8, 2010.
  1. Irrelevant Tangents

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. The Thread About Nothing

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Communication Breakdown

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Train Wrecks And Other Derailments

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Thread Runoff

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  6. Derail THIS!

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. Fool's Gold

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. In Passing

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  9. Side Trips

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  10. Weird Scenes Inside The Co8 Mine

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Sooner or later, you will.

But I hope you had fun!

2. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I'm good then. Really good. :lalala:

3. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Indeed! Watch me! Me -> :poke: <- Necro

4. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

If there's a guy sitting down at the end of the bar having a drink and quietly reading the paper and another guy comes in with a machete and starts banging it on the bar and yelling "I'll kill the next mo!@#$%^&*() that comes in here!", who are you going to watch?

While your watching the quiet one, a noisy one will !@#$%^& kill you!

5. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

So I was a shameless pothead for the past three years of my life and I quit cold turkey 5 days ago. I already feel fucking terrific. I was a slave to weed and I didn't even realize it. I already feel more energized and sharper.

Just wanted to share.

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

Bravo hun!

"Pot-head" and "Alcoholic" should be synonymous. Both weed and alcohol can be wonderful, and even safe relaxation mediums. And both can be horribly abused.

One day at a time, WhN, and each day is a victory.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  7. Necroticpus

If you quit using alcohol and attend AA meetings and/or chemical dependency treatment long enough, you'll earn sobriety coins that you can turn in at almost any bar for free drinks. True story. I've turned in 3 in the distant past. I wonder if it works the same way with NA?

8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

LMAO :biggergri

9. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Alas, when you quit using alcohol, you do not need drinks from the bar any more...

10. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Welcome back! ;)

Start thinking about what you REALLY want in life.

The world will still suck. And you are going to have to make a few new friends. But now you can get something real, instead of fake euphoria and wasted time.

11. Necroticpus

That's true, unless you decide to jump off the wagon. In that case, why not start out with free drinks? :poke:

12. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

While I highly commend your going in the wagon, please realize that there are NO addictive qualities to pot. Alcohol and other hard line drugs, yes. And please do not feed into the hype that pot is a gateway drug. There is NO scientific or medical proof of this. That's nothing but the anti-pot propaganda smeared all over the airways.

What you are feeling is quite normal. A very good friend of mine had to stop for awhile in order to continue his life insurance policy. While the energy levels did come back strong and the mind-cloudiness diminished, he was still his same, hard-working self, that never once missed a day of work and still handled all work and personal life duties with professionalism and thoroughness.

For Necro, sorry, NA doesn't give out any badges/coins/awards that gets you free drinks or drugs, AFAIK.

OK, let the flaming begin... :poke:

13. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I'm not sure what a "gateway" drug is. Pot seems not to be physically addictive, and in general, I don't see dangerous behaviors "caused" by pot use.

What I see is certain personalities using pot. Some smoke a lot of pot and have a hard time getting and keeping jobs. Others use it to unwind at the end of the day and don't have a problem doing their jobs in the meantime, though it tends to be the SAME job for years at a time. Some include pot in their poorly thought out partying that often leads to bad consequences. These people usually use other things, too. But, in general, I think it's the personality that produces the behavior, not the pot.

When we are on patrol, we rarely bother people who are smoking pot, except to suggest they take it somewhere less public. The police know we do it and don't criticize us.

There's no question that pot makes you stupid, but it's not NEARLY as dangerous as alcohol. So, if you are where you want to be in life and are happy with things the way they are (when you are not stoned, I mean), then pot shouldn't be a problem.

Here's your flame, EC! :stoned::flamed:(Shouldn't this be on the cooking thread?)

14. Necroticpus

A gateway drug is a term used by the fanatic moral majority to imply that if you use this drug, it will be the vehicle to get you started into other more serious drugs, like methamphetamines, black tar heroin, opium, crack and acid.

The problem with this term is that it is nothing more eloquent than propaganda. To the old arch-conservatives, it's inconceivable that a person's use and abuse of narcotics could be the problem of the user so they pin the tail on the donkey, citing that it's the drug's fault.

Just ask Rush Limbaugh. I bet he was a heavy pot smoker before he downward spiraled into oxycontin. *sarcasm*

Yeah. Right.

Although, I would bet a serious amount of cash that Marion Barry was a big pothead before letting himself be videotaped smoking crack in a motel room.

It's only drug abuse when it's shown to be used by the have-nots. When the "influential" people get caught with their pants down, it's a "mistake" and they cry on TV.

*summation*
    People are stupid.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  15. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

Hahahah I'm getting my internet social life mixed up.

I instinctively wanted to click the "like" button. I then remembered that that's Facebook.

Our Host!