ipfnp.dll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keolander, Oct 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Keolander

Keolander Member

Ok...

lately I've been having a bit of trouble with a particularly virulent piece of Malware called CoolWebSearch. Ive run Ad-Aware SE til I'm blue in the face...until it occured to me to be a shmuck and use my Hex Editor to open the .dll file (which my computer could never get rid of) associated with this program. I found some interesting stuff (Im reading the associated text and not the actual string numbers).

Has anyone else come across this particular problem? I know that after I removed the .dll to my desktop and ran Ad-Aware again..the problem seems to have partially fixed itself...but I cannot delete the .dll....its write-protected.

One of the more annoying aspects of this CoolWebSearch bundle is that it hijacks your browser anytime you try to access your email accounts (Yahoo and Hotmail for me) and will not let you access them.

I wanna find the fraggers that are responsible for this program and wring their silly necks. The informational list at Ad-Aware states that many variants have no known uninstaller (found that out the hard way). Ive done Google Searches to find this .dll and come up empty. I even searched Microsoft's webpage to see if they had it and came up negative.

If anyone is willing to work with me on this file...assuming they have come across it before?

Our Host!