Interesting NPCs?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by BenWH, Jun 18, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

I figured whilst I am playing 7.8, in order to slow down my own xp progression in a 'non-nerfing' way, I might take a couple of NPCs in the party. It's literally years since I have bothered with the NPCs. Do they do anything/have personalities (except the 3 evil ones in the inn in hommlet), or are they largely 2 dimensional. I really can't recall if they have any quests, banter etc. If not I will take 8 PCs and dump two after a bit!

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

They're all pretty 2 dimensional, no real story elements as far as defeating the temple and whatnot. Some of them can be turned into pretty decent supporting characters depending on how you want to play the game. Elmo, Melony and Ronald (the cleric from the NC in the Church of St. Cuthbart) seem to be popular with a lot of folks...

3. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

Well I have picked up Wicked (who is anything but), just to see if he can stay alive!

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Ronald is a blast if you talk to him more than a few times, he has over 800 voiced lines and will even sing for you once he likes you.

He also has a pretty interesting back story, (he is 100% Co8).

5. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I have tried Elmo, Meleny and Ronald. Elmo is useful if your party is rather weak at the beginning. I kicked hin out later, also for a bit of XP reduction for my party. Ronald is ok but not reallly worth taking along compared to a self made character. The only character I really liked was Meleny and I think that was mainly, if not only, because of her charming voice and not because she had some outstansing fighting abilities or opend up some new content.

6. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Highly recommend Ronald!
    Coincidentally I hit 17th level with him in the party last night- was a bit alarmed to see him disappear from the party roster! Cracking piece of work all round though.

7. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

Great, I'll give Ronald a crack. I have Wicked at the moment and he barely says a word!

Our Host!