In the Service of Her Majesty The Queen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scryler, Jan 11, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I have a new computer. Oh joy!
    Maybe now I can actually play ToEE again. It's been so long, will be like new to me.

And no more vista! Yay!

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Congratulations! It will take a while to learn the new OS and adjust the computer to your liking.

3. Scryler

Yes. I am in no hurry. But so far, much much better than vista!

4. Scryler

I hope you had a good day (yesterday) and the night went well (last night).

Out on the porch this morning, with the sunrise.

The birds were twittering away. Everything is so fresh and green and early morning is still fairly cool here. I love Spring.

I haven't seen any lizards, I guess because I am generally sleeping now when it is hot enough for them to be out and about. There were a couple of frogs, but each year there are less and less of them. The bees, the frogs and the lizards all seem to be disappearing.

For the first time, my loquat tree is loaded with fruit. In the past, it has had the beginnings of fruit, small little bitty things that never got bigger and fell off unripe. I don't know if it was due to the age of the tree or a killing frost. We had some freezes this Spring, but it didn't seem to affect it. The neighborhood children are eating what they can reach. They were polite and asked first.

Lexi and Alex are getting along well. They often sit side by side on the cat gym, looking out the window when I come home. A nice welcome, they make me smile.

I am playing Dragon Age on my new computer...no lag at all. But the extra content is not downloading, even though I bought the digital edition with it all. I am not the only one who has/had this problem, according to the discussions online at the DA website. I was given instructions on how to get them to download and/or to change the 'unauthorized' check marks next to the campaigns, but most of the instructions might as well be written in a foreign language as far as I am concerned. And the simpler instructions did nothing. This is very irritating. It is an EA problem and you'd think they would have fixed it. With a simple fix.

So I am considering buying DA on disc. I am waiting for an answer as to whether registering the disc game is going to present a problem, since I am already registered with a digital game. One never knows with EA just what will happen imo.

But for now, I am enjoying what I can play and messing with my new computer. I love it!

May the Lady smile
    on you and me too!

5. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

I have Windows XP installed on my PC.
    Wanted to install XP instead of Vista on a notebook, but installation disk did not contain drivers for notebook's hard drive... Well, I do not know for sure, it just said the notebook does not have a hard drive. Had to stay with Vista on that one :(

Your new OS is Windows 7 or something else, I wonder?

6. GuardianAngel82

It's Windows 7, whether you want it or not.

7. adultservicesex

adultservicesex Member

Wix.com ultimate69club created by doncarlsonjr based on Urban Trader.

Wix.com ultimate69club created by doncarlsonjr based on Urban Trader.

Adult pics, Sex pics, Nude pics, Lesbian pics

$Type Any Word That Describes$ :poke:

Now Visit the Site:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2011
  8. kio11

kio11 Established Member

ooo a bot trolled scylers thread :D

(yeah i clicked rightaway when i saw someone named "adultersex" had posted here :p (thats sarcasm btw))

9. GuardianAngel82

"In the Service of Her Majesty the Queen" WOULD make a good adult film title, tastefully done, of course.

Maybe Scryler can post one of her works...

10. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

The title suggests there would be some bloody beheadings in the end, when Her Majesty gets bored, so... Umm... I do not think it is such a great idea. :D

11. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

A possible re-boot of Caligula with a female leading role?

12. Scryler

I hope you had a good day and the upcoming night goes well.

One of the mockingbirds sings all night long. I assume it is the same mockingbird, but maybe for some reason they take turns, a different bird singing each night. If it is the same bird each time, I wonder when it sleeps? Maybe it is singing in its sleep? It doesn't sound like it to me. Humans use broken, sporadic language when they talk in their sleep, and this bird sings just like it would in the daytime. Humans are dreaming when they talk in their sleep. I have a difficult time with that concept applied to a bird. Not the dreaming part, but the length of time it sings. Seems like it would rule out dreaming, since it apparently sings without a break.

Applying human behavior to a bird is likely erroneous. But my cats dream. Once, both cats were dreaming at the same time. One cat started dreaming and almost immediately, so did the other. Both were chasing something, their legs twitching, their breathing faster. I wondered if they were chasing the same thing. I suppose chasing something is about all that a cat would dream about. Or at least make their legs twitch.

Back to birds again, I came out to the porch seconds after one bird appeared to dive bomb another, catching just a few falling feathers, grey. I do not who attacked who, but I think the attacker was a cardinal and the target a mockingbird (since the feathers were greyish white). Both birds were in the loquat tree, staying hidden under the leaves, making their way over the branches to the roof of my house. The cardinal got there first and flew off, followed a bit later by the mockingbird. Of interest to me, was the call the mockingbird made, a harsh and strident call that I've never heard before. Within seconds, 3 other mockingbirds flew to the tree. I guess it was calling for help.

And although my shutter lizard seems not to have made it through the winter, finally 2 other lizards of the same type are frequenting the porch. But not the window shutters. One is fully grown for that species and stays brown most of the time. The other is half it's size and changes color from almost white to a lemony green to brown.

Alas, I have seen no frogs (or toads more likely) sitting at the edge of my driveway trying to catch the bugs that fall from the street light.

I haven't posted or written much of anything to anyone lately. My mind just shys away from the thought. I don't know why.

May the Lady smile
    on you and me too.

13. Scryler

I hope you have a good day and the night went well.

The mockingbirds appear to have a sentinel. Sitting atop the street light, the biggest one of them sings whenever anything is in the area that may be a danger. Me, sometimes. But the mockingbirds are more or less used to seeing me out on the porch, so I think it is more likely the neighbor woman's cats which are outside most of the time.

And I think that's the reason the one bird (same one that sits on the lamppost during the day I think) sings at night. The cats are out. Last night they were not, they were inside, and the mockingbird only let out a few squawks when I came out onto the porch. Tired sounding squawks at that. Maybe a nearby bird gave it a peck to shut it up? Who knows.

A pair of crows chased the sentinel off the street light. He was back as soon as they were gone...until a large hawk flew overhead. Immediately, every bird in the neighborhood sought the safety of the trees. I didn't hear the mockingbirds make a peep after the initial warning by the sentinel, but a nearby flock of crows set off a chorus of alarm that continued until the hawk was far off in the distance.

A dove appears to be nesting. A bit late, I think. I'll have to look that up.

And some blackbirds on the lawn across the street seemed to be more or less protecting 2 smaller ones, newly out of the nest I guess. One of the larger blackbirds appeared to be feeding the smaller ones, who stayed close under the bushes. I didn't know birds continued to take care of their young once out of the nest, except perhaps raptors.

Interesting what I can see from my front porch. To me, anyway.

14. GuardianAngel82

I'm glad to see you posting again. You don't have to post every day, just when you feel like it.

There's a potted plant holder on the back of my house that has been used as a dove's nest for years. The third consecutive family moved out last week and hasn't been replaced. Most years I have 4 families, almost back to back.

It's a little unsightly, but I've never tidied it up more than a little. They've weathered major wind storms there quite well, which is more than I can say about my roof.

15. Scryler

I hope you had a good day and the night (almost over I guess) went well.

I saw a lynx on the cam! (It is actually a bobcat I think.) So now I kinow why I haven't seen very many bunnies lately. Maybe I shouldn't admit it, but I am more of a lynx person than I am a bunny person. (Let the jokes begin...and then the beheadings.)

May the Lady smile
    on you and me too.

Our Host!