In search for Livonya

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Agetian, Sep 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Heya fellas,
    As some of you know, I've decided to take action to locate Livonya and ask her how she is doing, how her health is, and what about the version 2.0 of her mod. So, thanks to Sol Invictus, I've been able to send Liv a letter by e-mail, using the e-mail address that she has probably supplied when registering here.

However, 24 hours have passed and there has been no answer. Of course, 24 hours is a very very small period of time, yet I don't want to wait without any further action. In fact, the e-mail address she used to register at Co8 might be only one of her addresses (and the one that may not be checked often), as well as it's possible that it's just a throwaway register-everywhere type of address. So, I decided to search for some extra clues, possibly an extra e-mail address or her presence on certain IM systems like MSN,ICQ,Yahoo!,etc. I already did a plain Google search and a search on ICQ, but to no avail (nothing valuable was uncovered).

I'd like to ask all of you guys who have ever corresponded with or talked to Liv to try and remember some facts about her: possibly another e-mail address (if you ever e-mailed her and got replies), maybe her real name (if she ever told it to anyone or if it showed up in an e-mail heading), possibly her screen name on IM systems like ICQ,MSN,and some other, which may differ from Livonya as well (or an e-mail she used to register on those systems), or some other facts that may be important for our search. Since all of the stated things are deeply personal and confidential information, I'd like you NOT to post it here in this thread (just post your general thoughts if you want). Instead, direct everything you know to me by private messaging. Don't try e-mailing me that info either (since I also have a bunch of e-mail boxes and I don't check 'em daily), it will be easier if I gathered these posts here at Co8 in my private messages box.

Remember, guys - the hope is not lost. Only a day have passed since I sent Liv an e-mail, and if she's sick in the way she told us, I wouldn't expect her to check her e-mail daily. But anyway, a search for any extra information or clues is important, since I'm a man of action and I don't like to lose time just sitting there and relying on only one opportunity.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
    - Agetian

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I remember Liv saying that she played through some MMORPG under the name "Livonya," so its likely that that's the name she goes by everywhere on the net.

Keep hunting, Agetian. Sooner or later you'll get a break.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sources man, quote your sources! Every word of my IMs is copyright I'll have you know! ;)

4. Agetian

Whatever, I don't see any copyright words there ;) Yeah, I'd say you said the same thought but I'm not sure even if you said in exactly those words or not, I wasn't really quoting anyone the moment I wrote it... Possibly it came out occasionally, if it's an exact quote of course. ;)

- Agetian

5. Agetian

Just thought I'd post a small progress update: unfortunately, there isn't much to report. I spoke with Sol to see if there is any additional information about Liv in her registration profile (turned out that there is none), she didn't respond to my e-mail yet, and I have been unable to find any other trace of her in the Internet which may suggest another e-mail address or at least an IM system account or something.

I tried tracing her in certain MMORPG systems (Krunch said that she mentioned once that she uses 'Livonya' for her MMORPG nickname as well). A friend of mine who plays WoW checked for her there somehow, and there used to be a profile named 'Livonya', but it seems like it was closed or at least it's totally invisible to the public atm (can't confirm it personally since I don't have WoW, so here I'm just reposting the words of the pal who did the search there).

So, I keep searching of course....
    - Agetian

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

She used to play UO, I definitely remember her saying she played a rogue in that.

7. Da_Ediot

Da_Ediot Member

I hope she's all right. And gets better soon for her sake. I like her mods and I like her just from reading her posts. Seems like a really nice person.
    And whether she puts out another mod or updates or not, I hope she gets well soon if she is ill.

I don't know anything about her other than from this board, sorry.

That's my one cent worth, since I've been told I only have half a brain. Although, I'd like it to come home once in a while. You never know when I might need it.
    :>

8. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

I know she used to play EQ. Probably on one of the original servers as a rogue. IIRC she mentioned something about playing on one of the PvP servers which ought to narrow it down a bit more if she's still playing.

Hope she's ok and getting her health sorted out.

Zeb

9. Agetian

Well, a week has passed since the moment I sent an e-mail to Liv. I got absolutely no reply. Also, my Internet search (which included a search on ICQ, a search for alternative e-mails, a search for possible MMORPG accounts, and more) resulted in absolutely nothing. Honestly speaking, it was a lot easier to come in contact with members of Troika than my current task to find our ex-modder (?) Livonya.

I'm still open to suggestions as to where to search, and I'm open to PMs with possible extra information about Liv. Other than that, there is little I can do. Especially if it is Liv who doesn't want to come in contact (although I don't want to blame her for that, and I don't blame her for it (even if that's the case)... But anyway, it's a possible outcome).

I hope everything is alright with Liv. Unfortunately, I can neither confirm nor deny it.
    - Agetian

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  10. Sapper_Astro

Sapper_Astro Established Member

If its this hard to find her, and you only have an email address, may i suggest that you all (the mod masters) give each other name, Addresses, maybe even phone numbers?

It might sound a bit odd, but what harm can it do. At the very least, it can help out in situations like this. If not, maybe you guys could meet up on holidays etc and check out the different ways you mod things.

Just a thought. Waiting for that new release of yours (Co8 4).

11. maalri

maalri Immortal

I googled her name- to find out a pretty powerful card in Magic the gathering card game by the name of Livonya Silone...wonder if theirs a connection. Also a Livonya Andrione, which seems to be a profile of a character from a DnD type game, perhaps WoW.... there could be something there... and a profile from some armegeddon aftermath looking game where she hasn't been heard of for 7 months... about as long as from here...

Also an august 2003 post of a poll on why do you want to play ToEE where she mentions Jagged Alliance 2 and Ultima 7 as things she plays/played.

Also- seems like someone with that name plaued a wierd MUD (precursor to MMORPGs) and I got a hold of a transcript where she was playing something like a bard...

In another ToEE general discussion froum she mentions Silent Storm (a non mmorpg game I think) and Gothic- which I think is a mmorpg.

there is also a few other hits from a language that looks like polish or german, and a profile of a character livonya coldeyes that is on Dark age of Camelot-that set her at GMT+1 time zone, so that kinda fits-- she was pretty high up in that game- I know it, it is a MMORPG that I used to play a lot! She was max level- thats over 200 hours of playing at least! Well under the ORIGINAL rules. I still have friends there-- maybe I will have them look her up-- she was on the Morgan Le Fay server.... hmmm

Also on WoW she was/is on the Stormrage server- characters livonya and roywyn and looks like one of her "main"s is shadoweyes.

Seems she belongs/belonged to an online guild of gamers known as the Storm Seekers,
    here's their link.
    http://stormseekers.nwy.at/

I have sent an email to her guildmaster in Dark age of Camelot, asking about her, and if she could drop in on us...

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Please refrain from posting what could be her last name. It's bad Internet manners, dude. (not trying to be mean)

13. maalri

maalri Immortal

Ahh, I would definitely refrain from that, Krunch, if, I had indeed done that.

I should have specified, though, that all these names and references for Liv are Character or Gaming Profile names, those she has made public, and I am sure, pen names.

Livonya Silone is purely a Magic the Gathering Card name, and I am sure is not her real name, if in relation to our Liv at all, Andrionne and Coldeyes are last names of characters of hers only.

I included them only as a possible help to finding her, and for certs, would not have included them if I thought either were her real name.

Thanks for your concern for another internet member, and I did not take it as mean at all :)

Our Host!