[IMPORTANT] A campaign to get the official tools released

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Agetian, Jun 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
?

Will you participate in the petition to get the official tools released?

1. Yes

391 vote(s)
    97.8%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. Not sure

6 vote(s)
    1.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ioannis76

ioannis76 Established Member

@Krunch
    you have a point back there, I should have checked with Agetian first.
    mea culpa.
    I guess I was rather (over)enthusiastic about the whole thing.

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

It is. They've done that with NWN, I think a mere permission from WotC is enough, and that shouldn't be too hard for them to get since they pretty much own the PC D&D license. If this helps boost product's popularity, I think they'll do it. They are doing this with NWN2, again, so I don't see a problem.

- Agetian

3. luigi

luigi Member

Hi all ! I am a new fan of this game and of the work you did for it.
    For me this game gives me more of the feeling of a d&d game than any other action rpg like NWN. So it is sad to know that you are the last supporters of this jewel.

I totally agree with this petition and hope we'll have acces to new modding tools so that this game will last longer.

Good luck with it.

4. darkfeld01

darkfeld01 Ancient Lurker

you have my vote :rock:

5. garyd

garyd Member

Certainly, anything to get it up and running effectively.

6. Darthcast

Darthcast Savant Trooper

I voted too. But I doubt they'd relase the editor. :sadblinky

7. ugh

ugh Member

Hey guys remember me :) (the guy who started the whole...."Is D&D license wasted on Atari" dude)

Anyway I'm back just to say count me in - TTOE is the only game IMO that ever came close to the D&D feel I was looking for. If the tools were released who knows how much gaming goodness we would have by now!

8. maerduin

maerduin Member

I definitely support this, and am eager to know what I can do to help.

9. DaBigDawgND

DaBigDawgND I am the Grim Reaper

Sign me up I am available anytime you need me to send letters or email. or what have ya. Thanks to the Circle of 8 my gaming experience has increased 10 fold with the mods you have built for us. Good Luck Guys.

10. Osaka

Osaka Member

I'm all for it, releasing the tools would be one of the smartest moves that Atari could make to keep interest in game. At the very least they should start releasing supplemental modules that add on to the existing ToEE program. While ToEE is one of the most infamous and popular module every produced, there are many others that Atari could create and release (such as the giants series, slavers series, among many others) that would create a lot of revenue on Atari's behalf and something the fans would be (I'm assuming) would be willing to pay for. Valve did the right thing by giving out the tools needed to make your own maps, and in doing so it spawned Counterstrike and Day of Defeat, two of the more popular FPS games available. While half life itself is a great game to play through, the addition of the extra modules has caught people buying the base product just so they could play DoD or counterstrike.

11. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Oye! I may be four months late on this topic, but I'm in full support of it! When I saw this game coming out, what was the first thing I thought? "Finally. A really realistic D&D computer game. One actually playing like the real thing." But then, what happens? The game's short as all heck, the player options are severely limited, and official support for the game died almost immediately after it was released. Atari jipped us! I think it's time for some compensation! If they won't give us what they want in a game, then we should have all the rights to do it ourselves!!

12. Inhuman

Inhuman antihumanist fuck

Beam me up, Scotty.

13. Bryce777

Bryce777 Member

Sounds awesome. As you recall there was even some talk of releasing the source. I don't see what good that source does atari in any way shape or form. No reason to keep it bottled up, especially with troika dead. I personally would not be able to take the pain of modding stuff like you guys do when it is so hard and there is no source and no modding tools and have amazing respect for what you all do. If the source is ever made available, I could probably fix the locks without any problem though, if no one beats me to it.

14. Amasius

Amasius Member

Count me in. Releasing tools would be a good step for Atari to polish their bad image and who knows - maybe the chances of this happening are a bit better after the release of NWN2.

15. Major_Blackhart

Major_Blackhart Member

I'm in there like swimwear.
    Lets make like a fetus and head on out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!