Imeryd respawn

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Ax Thrower, Jan 3, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

... lost a bit of data recently so had to rebuild some of it from scratch... this should trigger after Trommel is released. The intro dialog was added to Gruds, although I have a feeling it is not working perfectly as yet... so a little help would be appreciated..

It should spawn a family of Black Dragons in the water.. I am not a programmer so there is nothing that I can do at this point in regards to the breath weapon. If some could give it a try and let me know where to make the changes... also after dialog with Old Dragon, the other three would not attack so I need a little suggestion in making that happen...

Thanks to all for giving it a try and helping out:dead:

Attached Files:

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Making the kids attack is easy, give them all the same faction in the protos.tab entry for each of them, faction 0 should be ok to use.

As for the breath weapon, I might still have a working copy, CtB and Spellslinger should also have copies (hopefully), if not I still have a mostly rules compliant version somewhere that can be used as a last resort.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Errr, I need that breath weapon too if anyone has it, please send it over ;)

And glad you finally got there Ax Thrower! :thumbsup:

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

CTD whenever I execute ToEE.
    Hmm shouldn't you provide some
    files in art containing the black dragon's
    skin?
    ----------------------------------------------
    Hmmm it's provided with co8. Guess I'll
    have to re-install.

5. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

actually ran into an issue myself after I loaded the time mod... had to reload the cmf and then all the updates without it and now running fine... however, I changed a few protos items this a.m. and am running a new party through now... will advise after I free the prince as to any issues... (didn't have a game that far yesterday)... w/a

6. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I really shouldn't say this, since I haven't actually looked at this mod yet, but I am hearing some things that make me want to speak up.

I thought the original idea discussed was for a single young adult dragon to settle into Imeryd's Run, not a whole family. One young adult is believable, given the time frame involved. A family is a little far fetched.

7. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

It's true--I had given Rufnredde some (pretty spare--it was basically just a combat-oriented encounter) dialogue and he was working on it when he went mia. I'm not sure how much progress he made.

8. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

sorry late to the post...

In communicating with a few others.. i built it up from one, however, I can reduce it down to a number that is acceptable... unfortunately, I am going to need to redo the protos entries as they are in an old file.. adjust the generic spawner and then resubmit.. In my opinion when they get to this point, one young adult dragon is a little on the easy side..

9. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

What level do you expect the party to encounter the respawn? A young adult black is CR9.

10. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

I'm setting the respawn for after gruds quest is complete and Prince Trommel has been released.

11. krunch

krunch moving on in life

My understanding was there was only supposed to be one dragon for that respawn. The point discussed at that time was how old [how difficult and challenging] the dragon would be for a party to fight.

12. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Read a little further up, krunchie; about 4 posts. It's still being discussed.

13. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

I came in on the end of the respawn situation when someone recommended that I work with it to start learning to mod.. until that point I had not followed any of those threads to a point... what is there now is Old Dragon (dialoged)(male) Young Adult (female) and 2 whirmlings.. (cannon fodder)...

However when they get to this point they should be able to teleport out of the battle if it is too much and come back later to finish it.. there is no shame in running when you are outnumbered.. Who says that a battle has to be won the first time you encounter it,l

14. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

No one, but dragon rage has a lot of effect on how it will play out. The adults will go nuts when their young and/or mate is under attack. I don't think they'd flee, unless all of them could. And I don't believe the young would be able to teleport. Hell, they might even prefer to submit in order to bide their time until more favorable conditions for victory arise. Dragons live a really long time, and a decade or so in a lifetime isn't so much compared the with the eternity of death.

IMO, one suitably CR'd opponent is called for in this. A bachelor male adult could stay or run as he pleased; no family or lair to protect.

15. Ax Thrower

Ax Thrower Blood Lust

actually I was refering to the pc's as the ones able to tp.., i believe the protos for a dragon(not at work at the moment) is coded no_flee. I'll play around with it some more as it appears that people would like to fight only one BIG dragon..

(sighs) oh well I'll have to think on how to make a dragon army attack and destroy hommlet...:jerkin:

Our Host!