I'm participating!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Shiningted, Jan 21, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, it's there - getting it working is a separate issue ;) I just add the missing stuff.

2. Shiningted

Dagnabit! 'Combat reflexes' is not recognised by the engine for scripting (much like weapon proficiencies) so my hack of a workaround for Foresight is dead in the water. O well.

EDIT: Updated the existing spells in help.tab (ie not new ones yet) and added sounds, just a few more tab entries and some testing for Plane Shift.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  3. Shiningted

Fine tuning Mass Invisibility. I'm working off Invisibility Sphere, and according to the rules...
    Can anyone confirm if Invisibility Sphere works in ToEE like that? It seems to create a stationary circle for me.

4. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Always been stationery for me - so no way to get any enemies that breakthrough into sphere to reappear.....

When I used invisibility sphere I had a LN Cleric of Wee-Jas to supply the skeletons/zombies (hopefully once they had become entirely passive in combat) which would stand around the perimeter stopping any enemies entering the sphere

Within the sphere I placed an enlarged rogue with combat reflexes, power attack, cleave, great cleave and a (holy) ranseur

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Perhaps nicking the targetting code from magic circle vs evil/good/law/chaos would work?

6. Shiningted

Brilliant! I'll fix one spell and make another slightly better! (If it works :p)

7. Shiningted

OMG Allyx you're a genius! Initial testing works - specifically, I tried putting the Invisibility Sphere on the caster, not on a generic obj (like 'Magic Circle vs This and That' does) and now it moves with the caster. Wooohooo! More testing needed, but woohooo as I said :p

I also tried reversing the idea and setting up 'Magic Circle...' like Invisibility Sphere to try to get it working - on its own that didn't cut it but there a few discrepancies in the spells and I am foolishly optimistic I might get those spells working too :)

8. Allyx

Glad I could help mate :D

9. Allyx

Wasn't there an issue with magic circle vs evil not protecting recipients with mind affecting spells like protection from spells do? Any chance of merging the two to make magic circle spells give protection from effects to people in the circle? Or am I misremembering issues that don't exist?

10. Shiningted

Yeah, that's what I meant about reversing it to get the Magic Circle spells working. They seem to not be, but I'm working on it.

11. Allyx

Heh, you did write that there didn't you... Well at least Jaroo is happy - say something smart one minute, something dumb the next, and balance is restored lol.

12. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Hi, I'm using the spell sunburst with a druid not a cleric but I think it doesn't make a difference. Any chance that the area of effect from the spell is lowered to a degree where it will not effect everything on the screen (including my party)?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  13. Shiningted

Yeah, that's been mentioned before. It's currently by the book but under the circumstances (and the fact that many people want it) yes, I think we can do it.

14. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I think it's one of those things that work fine with pen and paper but not for a pc game with graphical elements. It's a wonderful high level spell for the druid but right now the hole screen becomes blue when trying to target and even when I scroll I can't seem to reach the edge of area of effect. Would love to see this spell more compatible with the pc game version of ToEE.

15. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

This is why in PnP the spell has a 400 foot range.

I think the only time you can actually see 400 feet in front of your party in TOEE is when you're looking at the world map. :p

Our Host!