Identify Spell, Was this fixed?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by chicken-lips, Oct 2, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. quarthinos

quarthinos Member

To quote the PHB about the spell identify:

"Arcane material component: A pearl of at least 100gp value, crushed and stirred into wine with an owl feather; the infusion must be drunk prior to spellcasting." This might also be a good cold remedy, but I don't have any pearls to crush :)

If it's coded correctly, a cleric with magic as a domain gets identify as a second level domain spell, and shouldn't have to pay the cost, as all clerics need only their holy symbol as a material component.

And the casting time should be an hour, but ToEE has thrown away the time required to do most things. (Crafting MW stuff is a project taking weeks, and crafting magic arms/armor is supposed to take one day per 1000gp of enchantment cost.)

And there is at least one wand of identify available in the game as loot (I think it I found it somewhere in the temple).

2. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus Member

I changed this last night so that it only costs me 1 gold.

Drop the attached file into the "%toee%\data\rules\spells" directory.

I haven't tested if "Component: GP 0" would work, ans I'm not inclined to since this works well for me.

Too bad Troika didn't include something like this as an in-game option.

Attached Files:

3. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

If there are pearls in the game, why can't they be used for identify? Is there any way to make the pearls disappear instead of gold, if you have any, and gold only if you don't?

Our Host!